ZBrushCentral

Dante Sketchbook

Hello Everyone! I’m going to start a new thread with my recent sculpts. All constructive crits are welcome as my aim is to improve. Here is the first model I’m going to post here. Base modeled in 3dsMax, these are Zbrush renders. The render layers I comped were a pass using zbrush basic material with a little wax and some basic color, ao and shadow passes, a pass with the sketchshaded material to bring out the details, and a slight overlay of the model rendered in chrome for the spec. The background and layers were of course comped in Photoshop :

Tell me what you think!
-d

Attachments

dragon-profile.jpg

dragon-side.jpg

dragon-quarter.jpg

Looks really cool! And I like the sketch-like character of some elements!

Adding texture to the head:
front_dragon.jpg
quarter_dragon.jpg
top_dragon.jpg

He is very elegant like that, beautiful lines! And love the colors!

thanks for the comments matt!

Finally getting back to this. Messing around with the original design. More to come.

Supercool work and a great style!:+1:

great work man im liking the new concept looks more fierce in a good way!

Very Great job, sculpting, painting,rendering!

another view:

Thank you Faircat, zborn, & Volodja81. I agree zborn, it does look more fierce in a good way. I almost don’t like my first concept anymore. I’ll see what I can do with the body next…

Thanks for looking guys.
-d

Taking a break from the dragon, and reworked this older sculpt I’ve had to add to this sketchbook…added so much more detail to the original model I build years ago. Please tell me what you all think.

I’ve just discovered your thread Dante. Great start to what I’m sure will be a fantastic place to come for fun viewing and inspiration. Love the dragons and the little skater dude. I also agree that the new dragon is looking sweet, I mean fierce, in a good way.
Welcome to ZBC.

Ezra

Updated the sneakers for the little skater dude model. Here they are:

Got to get 'em onto him now.

Ezra: thanks!

been a while but finally back to this model. textured sneakers:
chucks_finished.jpg

Attachments

chucks_finished.jpg

haha I got one of those at home. Nice work.
I think you need to add more details of the cloth and the rubber under the shoe.