ZBrushCentral

Concept to Infection

Hi all,

I will be going over the entire process on how to sculpt a creature for a game. Base mesh, sculpting, painting, retopo, rigging, and then putting it in my favorite game, Left 4 Dead 2. This will be a new model from scratch. I am currently working on the concept design now, and when I finish with that, I’ll show post it.

Let me know in the comments below what Creature you’d like to see. I am still playing around with ideas and haven’t committed to one yet.

Please check out the intro video.

Thanks!

Attachments

zomby.jpg

Sounds like fun. +1

Plus I couldn’t say no to that face. :smiley:

Awesome! Thanks!!! I’m really hoping more people think this will be worth it. This will be equivalent to several gnomon dvds worth of knowledge!

I will be following this thread and Ill be donating to your cause just one question if you cant reach your goal and your just below like 200 or 300 dollars will you still do the project. Im going to be going to LCAD soon and want to learn how to do exactly what your showing. I hope you can reach the amount you need. Also do I have to donate exactly 200 to get all the above or can I donate $50 now and add $150 later to equal that $200.

Kickstarter is all or nothing. So if I come up short, I would not be able to do the project since I would still be in the same situation as I am now. Kickstarter is great as you can add and even subtract your pledge. You are never obligated to the amount until the project duration has expired. And if you donated, and the project goal wasn’t met, your money will never leave your bank account.

Thanks for clarifying that I will be donating

Hey all,

The concept work is in progress, I became extremely sick monday night and spent Tuesday/Wednesday in the hospital. All better now, and back to work. So hopefully now I’ll have something to show next week!

Glad your better

You still have plenty of time to keep the marketing going and make it happen. So keep at it, I think it’s very doable. I’ll post this to FB and see what help comes from it.

Glad you’re feeling better by the way. Late night McDonalds will do that to a person. :wink:

Sorry dude it looks like you might not be able to reach your goal been checking your kickstarter project usually daily and it doesnt seem like your gonna make it but either way I still love your designs.

So the kickstarter didn’t happen, but I am still going ahead with it. Not sure how in depth these tutorials will be, but I have been recording everything I’ve done so far. I wanted to post a WIP of where I am currently at with the model.

Progress has been going smooth. First I took Valves jockey, brought it into Zbrush and instantly hit Dynamesh, then blocked out the major details I wanted. I then took that model to 3d-coat and did the retopo and UV, now I’m back in Zbrush carving in the highpoly details. Started with the head, and I’ve noticed he seems to be a “See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil” kind of guy with the self inflicted damage hes caused himself :smiley:

Even in failure you rise further and continue with your goals I highly respect and will be following your tutorials closely

Just working out a few bugs, but here he is in game.

Love the Sinful Jockey its quite nice

Got the model all done. Check it out.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?174413-Decayed-Jockey-a-left-4-dead-2-mod