ZBrushCentral

A Christ for my Grandma

Hi guys, this is a model that i’m modelling for print, is a gift that i promised to my grandma hehe. Is about the resurrection of Jesus…
I need opinions and suggestions,
Thanks and regards!

Attachments

Jesus_36.jpg

Jesus_38.jpg

Jesus_40.jpg

Jesus_46.jpg

Jesus_47.jpg

the open mouth is a little weird, that and the upward turned eyes make him look surprised. The body and hand poses are awesome though, and the drapery is fantastic. What where your references? Maybe you need a good one for the face. There are many great precedents for the man of sorrows.

The wound to the side seems like its on wrong side. shouldn’t it be on the right so the spear thrust reaches the heart? your wound seems more like a sword cut than a puncture.

Looking forward to seeing the print.

cool) Like to see something positive.

Hi, this is looking good! Work some more on the expression of the face. You should do him more thinner, especialy on the ribbs, waist, abdomen, right now he looks well built, or maybe that’s what you wanted. Keep up the good work!:+1:

Thanks Lotus!, i really appreciate it.

Hi magbhitu, i’ll work on the mouth and the eyes.
I used several references of Jesus, some sculptures and paintings, attached some pictures.
I saw recently that the wound is in the right place but should be perpendicular, not as is currently.
Thanks!
jesus_scars.jpgjesus-con-cordero.jpgGreek ART 118.jpgGreek ART 119.jpgMichelangelo-Cristo-Risorto-1st-version-5.jpg

Attachments

cristo-de-la-lanzada-253.jpg

DSC_1304.JPG

jesusaryan.jpg

JesusMisericordioso.jpg

Michelangelo-Cristo-Risorto-1st-version-2.jpg

Hi nomad, Thanks! i’ll worked more on the expression, I appreciate the suggestion . Yes, I want that the body reflects conceptually the glory of the resurrection. But when finished the model, I’ll try that passes.
Regards!

ha - sorry about the right / left mixup = that’s my selective dyslexia -lol

here’s my reference suggestion - a Christ from the workshop of Bernini (Giovannni Bernini)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Workshop_of_Gian_Lorenzo_Bernini_-The_Risen_Christ-_Walters_542281.jpg

Hi guys, i was working in the facial expressions, the mouth, the eyes, and the flesh of the face.
I had the sensation that the Christ was still kinda static, without dynamism,
so, looking some images of sculptures of Bernini (Thank’s magbhitu!), Andr� Durand, Lysippos and Paolo Naldini inter alia, helped me to create an atmosphere.
Jesus_53.jpgJesus_54.jpgJesus_55.jpg

Hi magbhitu, i was watching the images of Bernini, and were really helpful! Thanks!

Oh yah man - getting better. The changes to the hair and cloth make it much more dynamic. Bernini is the bomb.

Feeling great, great!

Thanks jingyantao!!

Great work!!

Thanks Tonare! Kind regards!

Hi guys, finally i’m ending the Christ, the next week i think that i’ll print the model, maybe i’ll do an ambient occlusion maps for give more contrast to the details of the model.
Opinions and suggestions are welcome, Regards!

Jesus_96.jpg

Jesus_92.jpg

Jesus_93.jpg

Jesus_94.jpg

Jesus_95.jpg

Attachments

Jesus_91.jpg

Very inspirational, and truly awesome.:+1:

wow, you really moved that forward! the flow is great. now i agree with the upward looking gaze. this would make a fantastic bronze - once you get it printed you really should consider getting it cast in metal. the rubber mold will cost a lot, but you will easily recoup that after you sell a couple of ones in metal.

Thank you very much truubluu!, really appreciate that.

Hi magbhitu, thanks!, i was working a lot in this character…I really would like to have the bronze sculpture! but it’s a world I do not know, I’ll do some research on that.