ZBrushCentral

wanted to see if I cold just let loose and concept sculpt

I did this in an hour and a half, the eyes are from my demon halloween fun just using them as a place holder. I think I might go in an have some more fun. I think its going to be fun to paint. I have never just ran with it no concept art no nothing just wanted to freely run with it. Think I might do more of this as I learn more of zbrush. I might try painting different materials on the same mesh thing. Pixologic Zbrush classroom and digital tutors is so cool, and thanks to everyone who posts here at zbrush central. I get inspired everyday looking at all the wonderful work.

As always any comments or critiques is welcome

Attachments

trial1.jpg

trial1a.jpg

trial2.jpg

Kind of dont really want to think so I figure Panthro is one of my favorite characters and I do decent with non human/ human combos so I figured I would see whats up.
panthro.jpgpanthro1.jpg

I might open his mouth in a shout but so far I have been unsuccessful. I havent been to happy when I move a model around seems like things get weird. I am just experienced with it so alot more practice will overcome it. I have to watch some more tutorials. I am trying to push more panther than man looking on him so hopefully it will start showing more.

trial22.jpgtrial24.jpg

he looks like he is smiling

looks great and Creepy lol, great work… but if you want to give it a more agresseve look. try pushing down the frow above his eyes but thats what i think. Keep it up. but you probobly shouldnt be adding detail just yet.
adam

yee i opened his mouth and it doesnt look bad.

panthro3.jpg

I am trying to change up the face structure a bit seems as if I might be running the risk of having the faces look all the same on every character I create.

Just saw your thread. Funny, I just did a version of Panthro as well. Looking forward to seeing yours finished. Keep it up!

panthro4.jpg
Finally been able to get into the project again.
Adam.Desjardins thanks so much for the suggestion I actually used the suggestion on the Panthro character as well and it looks so much better. He actually looks angry which has helped me with what I am going to do for the body pose.

skdzines Dude your Panthro is amazing it looks like he is a special character in a new mortal kombat and the leather arm armor is super cool.

aah my favorite thing to do in zbrush, paint. This is my first pass before I detail and clean up. Also need to finish the teeth and such as you can see kind of going a different route with Panthro. I cant wait to do the rest of the body there are some really good references and inspiration on zbrush central

panthro6.jpgpanthro7.jpg

I will also put a nice contrasting background on next post. As always and feedback is more than welcome

havent been able to dive in too much into the Panthro project and kind of discouraged since I was having troubles with my guild wars 2 account (its a beautiful game) but, here goes. The photos arent that good looking since I havent gotten down the rendering process yet or let me say I am horrible at rendering.

panthro11.jpgpanthro13.jpgpanthro14.jpgpanthro15.jpg

I still have so much to learn and as far as rendering I have metric tons to learn on this and every 3d program out there ( also have come to conclusion that I am horrible at rendering in 3dstudio max not to mention maya). Have a wonderful day and hopefully I can log back into my GW game soon cause its awesome.

thing1.jpgthing2.jpgthing3.jpgthing4.jpgthing5.jpg

I probably could have done this with more alpha brushes but doing the rocks by hand is so much fun. Long way to go still and any c&c is as always welcome.

thing10.jpgthing11.jpg

I still have to change his eyes which I think in the comics they were blue I am going to have to check on it. Lots of touch ups to do and then onto body.

the shorts are a stand in for now dont really know what direction I want to go with it.
thing13.jpg

thing16.jpg

Still working on The Thing, I made it one object and trying to paint it again. It seems to look ok

I wanted to paint him correctly or lets just say do a better more detailed job of it this is the first pass. I am still learning how to paint without taking away from the sculpt. I have a long way to go for sure. Any C&C is more than welcome.

Nice work! The Thing is hella cool. I like how you worked the rocky texture.

side note and completely irrelevant: Teehee I can see super average man in there :slight_smile:

-g