ZBrushCentral

JohnYip Zketchbook 2.0

forgot how to post in my previous thread from…2010? so now im starting a new one. all my new zculptings and wips. Please feel free to critique and comment.

first post, concept and zculpt of an alien bust, polypainted and rendered in zb, comped in photoshop.
zculpt is around two hours.

Attachments

Alien_bust_nov09.jpg

cool creature!

Thanks PeturA! I really like your concept and your sculpts, a real inspiration:cool:
Here’s a wip video of the sculpt, edited for fun lol, hope you enjoy it.
http://johnyip.wordpress.com/2012/11/12/418/

a WIP of a creature, was trying to decimate it to bake normals and render in mentalray, but decimation gives all tris and Xnormals gave bad results. wonder what programs people use to bring down the polys or a quick retop with quads.

Lovin’ all of these Monsters here at ZB central. Nice work!

Thanks for stopping by :slight_smile:
Great inspirational sculpts man. like your style. Checked your other sketchbooks too. you’ve improved a lot since then
Keep it up :+1:

Jagoro, Thank you so much! I still have lots to improve on, better get sculptn

messed and confused with zbrush’s IBL and BPRs, I had a hard time controlling IBL lights as well as getting shadows to render nicely but here’s the aftermath,
Devil_Comp_test01_sm.jpg

girlsuit_JohnYip.jpg
Zbrush rendered, photoshop

If you like it please vote for me
http://www.badking.com.au/site/badki…ush-challenge/
Monster1_comp__smJohnYip.jpg

great stuff. 9 is classic!

@pfrancke: Thank you! Glad you like em. But what did you mean by 9 is classic?

Post number 9 - Girl in armor protected against everything but mosquitoes. Classic - highest example of beautiful girl in beautiful armor whether sci-fi or fantasy. Simple and definitive example of what every normal red-blooded male would lust after. The butt-kicking female archetype. I would make it my screen-saver, but my wonderful wife would kill me and I wish to live a little longer.

hahaha indeed. There’s no armor known to man that protects one from deadly mosquitoes. How about screen savor of my cave dweller, she needs some love too. Gets lonely in dem caves