ZBrushCentral

Will be next?

A little bit dull geek, who is applying to space program with his homemade equipment. Will he be next astronaut on the Moon?

I started with him as an entry to Luxology challenge, I took second place with heavy WIP of him. Then it developed into pretty heavy and complex work. He’s fully production ready, clean and animate-able topology, hires textures with details for closeups, everything is rendered etc.

As for software, I used ZBrush for concept stage, then modo for modeling and rendering and ZBrush and Photoshop for texturing work.

I used ZBrush heavily on this work, he was started before dynamesh, so I prepared basemeshes in modo and then I made concept in ZBrush, then I used it for detailing work, there is really a lot of sculpting done. I also used ZBrush for posing, with help of transpose master and zsphere rig it’s incredibly easy and efficient. Fish is completely done in ZBrush, using shadowbox, dynamesh and transpose master.

5K render where you can enjoy all details.

Attachments

naut_final_lowres.jpg

naut_zb_01.jpg

naut_zb_02.jpg

naut_zb_03.jpg

naut_zb_wire_01.jpg

naut_closeup_01.jpg

naut_closeup_02.jpg

naut_closeup_03.jpg

Geek’s expression = Priceless!

Amazing, the light is perfect.

awesome work indeed.
Great details!

Cheers!

so much attention to detail! even little scratches on the rubber boots. very very well done

Top notch work! Really fantastic modeling / texturing / lighting! Congrats!

Impressive, inspiring, I love them both.:cool: Poor fishy.:lol:

Great image -> love the texturing and colors :+1:

thank you a lot guys, I spend a lot of time with him and I feel huge satisfaction, when you like it. I’m really happy.

Here’s little poor fish from zbrush.

naut_zb_04.jpg

Hi IcemanJ,

I really like your cartoonfish very much!
Reminds me of the Disneysculpts qualitywise.
Though I find that in the overall composition of your picture, he is sticking out as a little bit too cartoony in comparision with the geeks face.

top row material… and i am not suprise if it will end up in the top row soon

super cool models and older works.

Jake Rupert - thank you for that mentioning Disney look, obviously, fish is inspired by father from Finding Nemo

Piggy - thanks man! I really appreciate your comment

Great image.

Philuxius - thank you man

Here is a finished concept sketch made in zbrush. At that time dynamesh didn’t existed, so now I’ll be able to do complete sketch in Zbrush instead of using basemeshes from modo.

astronaut_008.jpg

Great work!!!

Great level of details mate ! Good work.
Cheers!

the final image came out good. has a lot of character and all the little details really add to the overall image.

Great looking work!!! Just incredible! Congrats on a fine job!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:D

haha ! Great man ! Awesome work

Cxyda

thanks a lot everyone!!!