ZBrushCentral

Mauricio Salgueiro - SketchBook

Here are some of my lastest z works. Going through a more realistic aproach.
The moving forward werewolf is based on a sculpture by Slor. I really admire his work and wanted to learn a bit more from his such realistic style.
The minotaur sculpt is based on a Carlos Huante concept. His work has been of a tremendous impact for me and I always wanted to sculpt something out of it.
The other scuptures are all an original concepts: the big clumsy dude and the second werewolf.

Attachments

Desajeitado.jpg

LoboA01.jpg

LoboA02.jpg

Minotauro.jpg

Fine sculpting:+1:

An update on the Clumsy dude sculpture.
Rendered in BPR (+BPR Filters+Photoshop). I’m getting pretty excited with the potential of BPR in conjunction with BPR filters.
See ya!

Desajeitado_07.jpg

Attachments

Desajeitado_07.jpg

All the work is superb but my favorite is the clumsy dude. :wink:

I really dig the style of your latest creation!:+1:

Hi, all! More zsketches. From Super Mario Bros, the two most famous characters in their real life versions :slight_smile:
Thanks for the comments, Xenoo, Santis and Chalkman. Cheers!
More to come…

Luigi_05.jpg

RealMario_01.jpg

Here’s Lyoto Machida from UFC assuming his true identity -Ryu, Street Fighter style.
And just 'cause Ryu emerged, revenge follows: real life Sagat.
Critics and comments are welcome.

Lyoto.jpg

Sagat.jpg

Attachments

Sagat.jpg

love your work…their amazing

A piece for Christmas I’m still working on…
Zbrush and Photoshop.

PapaiNoel_02.jpg

These are all very nice. I wonder if Santa’s gloves shouldn’t be made fuzzy and white somehow. They look sort of alive in his belt the way you’ve positioned them.
I do have a question about BPR filters though. Can you render the BPR filters out, let’s say at 2k or 4k, or are they only screen resolution in the main ZBrush window? IF so, I can’t seem to figure out how to.

Your style and works are very nice.

My whishes of a merry christmas to everyone.
And a happy new year!

PapaiNoel_10.jpg

PapaiNoel_12.jpg

Attachments

PapaiNoel_08.jpg

PapaiNoel_09.jpg

PapaiNoel_08.jpg

PapaiNoel_09.jpg

PapaiNoel_09.jpg

PapaiNoel_11.jpg

I LOVE that Santa, awesome job! Have great new year :slight_smile:

Excellent Santa. Very well done Mauricio_Salgueiro.

Ezra

Great sculpt, i like. :wink:

This is a real life version of a character from a very popular Comics here in Brazil called “Monica’s Crew” - Turma da Mônica- by Mauricio de Sousa.
Almost every kid here in Brazil have read it. So here is my favorite character from the series - Cebolinha, wich stands for Little Onion.
He’s always trying to grab Monica’s rabbit doll and ends up getting beat up by her every time.
C&C welcome.

Render_06.jpg

Attachments

Render_05.jpg

This character is inspired on a concept by Olijosman.
I admire this guy’s work a lot. He concentrates great designs and stylization with a remarkable 2d techinique.
My attempt was to take his cartunish forms through 3d, giving it realism feel to the whole piece.
You can check out Olijos’ work at: http://www.nibbledpencil.com/index.php

Softwares used were: 3dsmax, ZBrush, Vray, Photoshop.

Business_02.jpg

Business_03b.jpg

Attachments

Business_04c.jpg

Business_05b.jpg

Great work!. I love the “realistic-cartoon” style you achieve.
The only thing i miss there is a little more detailed work in teeth.

I think you did a very good job of capturing the concept, except that the pants look a little bit too much like tights on your version. Look closer at the original concept and you’ll see what I mean.

New shots from the ‘Business Man’ model - right from the render of zbrush - and another image explaning my Post production process.
Hope it’s useful for some of you guys. Cheers.

Shot_02a.jpg

Shot_04.jpg

Makingof_Business.jpg