Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hi tez! I tried to implement your suggestions about my character. I also made a basic texture and exported my sculpt into Blender for more close to real lighting and shading. The result is still killing me and with introducing colors the difference becomes even more drastic.
    Anyways, here is the list of things I have changed:
    - I made her skull wider (zygomatic arches and lower jaw). Mainly did changes to her right side since it is bigger than left one. Still might be not enough, but I just afraid to make her too masculine
    - Lowered the nose, mouth and chin a bit
    - The eyelid thickness was already fine. It was just eyelashes growing from wrong place, hiding the major part of the lid.
    - Made a temporal line more defined though with soft lighting it might not be so obvious.
    - Reworked areas below the eyes and around the lip. Her cheeks are so tricky - they appear reduced and flat in profile but in some photos they look quite prominent. I bet this is due to the makeup (you know when they paint highlights and shadows on top of the skin to fool a viewer)
    - Did small tweaks to her chin, brow-ridges and mouth corners.

Obvious problems right now are:
    - Overall WIP quality of the render. So please ignore simplistic shader (here it is just SSS with color plus basic reflections, nothing more)
    - Weird brows. I was playing with randomization of children strands and it made them too bushy. Also their color should be lighter.
    - Her mouth is still bothering me. Especially the upper lip. Proportionally it is more or less OK (on some photos it is even more plump) but just doesn't look right. Maybe I should reduce some volumes below hence making the bottom edge fall into shadow which in turn will make it slimmer. Or maybe it is just because the absence of details...
    - On some photos there is distinct groove separating Orbicularis oris from the mass of the chin. This makes her face a bit frowned and child-like. Tried making this but always looks wrong, so decided to leave as is.
    - Irises look bigger. I think this will not ruin the face
    - Yes, she looks so different in many photos. I'm aiming more to those photos with very soft lighting in the center of my reference board.
    - Skin color might be too yellowish. Damn it, I really have problems with color perception.

Member Follow User Gallery

This is a huge improvement; it is really a good likeness now. The asymmetry in the jawline, the overall proportions; so much better. You are very hard on yourself, but you are doing great...

Its really coming together now, she is looking much better. You will find as you start to add the finer details she will get closer even still. Details like deeper cuts for the eye lids, corners of mouth, more volume middle upper lip, left and right lower lip. Closing the gap at the tear duct and eye. Fuller random lashes upper and lower. More detail in the lips, ears need much more love. These small things can make huge appeal. Iv done a few of these in this Photoshop over paint. Once you get these things down, some skin detail, and some nice hair your be tweaking minor things.

If you want me to remove the over paint let me know, Keep it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paint over.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	451043  

NWoolridge
    Thanks a lot for a kind words. It is nice to hear that my likeness skills are getting better. This is my main goal since in future I want to make some very realistic portraits of several persons that are very important to me and I want to make them flawless.

tez
    Thank you again for taking your time and doing all this important stuff like explanations and paintovers. No need to remove the over paint, I think I can just match two images in PS and see what liquify tweaks you did.
    The gap between the eye and tear duct is a silly mistake, I will fix it first for sure. I already deepened the mouth corners and creases in the eye bag, but looks like I can make them even more deeper. I also have a tendency to make a SSS too strong so partially this areas look not enough deep because too broad scattering. Not sure about the ears. Their form is quite basic since I spent most of the time refining the face, so I will definitely refine them later. But proportionally their lower margin is at canonical "nose bottom line". And I also should study her right angle of the jaw. It is really strong and pronounced, but in your image you did it more feminine and round. Finally, I see you did several tweaks to her nose (bridge and cartilages at the tip), but you didn't explain it in text. Do you mean I should make the tip more defined and bridge more narrow?
    PS Right now I'm resting from this sculpt and doing environment stuff for the final render. So I will post any updates a bit later.
    PPS I already have a Fibermesh hair exported as hair-guides to Blender. But it takes forever to render it on my old PC so I'm forced to render her bald.

hey buddy, just wanted to thank you for this great anatomy sculpt.really helped me for making my first female model.this was an awesome reference.

You are welcome. Nice to hear it was helpful. I'm still planing to finish it someday and do a nice render with environment. And then redo her body a bit to fit my tastes (since now it is semi-likeness and semi-imaginary figure) and make it 100% original character.
    PS I was too busy this days and forgot to say that I like your orkish creature. IMHO some facial hair (stubble or maybe some hairs sticking from the ears) would make him even more brutal. Too sad it is just a side project - would be cool to see your archer girl against him in deadly battle.

Man that's a great idea.actually I was planning to use the Orc's head & make a full body version of him.but first I need to do the final touches on the girl.

All right then, I wish you good luck and hope to see new updates soon!

stunning work. Just great.

Thanks a lot for the kind words.
    I remember you and your creatures from Deviantart - you did a great bestiary

Member Follow User Gallery

Just went through all 20 pages watching your work...time well spent! Great sculpts.

Thank you very much, Jakub! It is nice to hear such a kind words.

OMG, if not counting some tweaks I did to my latest model it is about half a year I wasn't sculpting. But looks like my carpal tunnel syndrome and jammed cubital nerve are gone and I can continue sculpting! Still have some problems with health but I cannot wait anymore.
    Here is a quick face I did today. After so many likeness attempts it is so sweet to sculpt something my own while not being bounded with prototype's features. Also trying to make her a bit stylized. I made a huge image with my favorite characters from other artists and trying to use it as inspiration. Hopefully after some polishing she will turn into the real character. I have a non used body from my last heroine. I think i will modify it a bit to fit my tastes (mainly breasts and shoulders), maybe also make it a bit stylized and attach to this head. I also did some posing just for fun plus some rough lighting tests (jeez, I really should learn more the boob's behavior in different poses - in theory it is easy but in practice...). Too sad I was too disappointed with my last character and didn't finish it.
    Good luck to all and hope to see you soon.

Hi, Nice subtle forms there. Sorry I haven't replied to your PM, been very busy, will gte back to you on Monday.

Dan.

Hey buddy, super glad you come back. Hope you can finish this one just as you want. BTW I really like that rough lighting.it makes the render really nice.goodluck & have fun.

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222329 ... LastLast