Member Follow User Gallery

Default Skittixch's Sketchbook

Hello everyone, Long time lurker, first time sculpt-poster. I've been learning zbrush for the past several months now, and I'm still very much a beginner, but I'm getting to the point that I'd like some input on what I'm working on. All of my projects thus far have been practice projects, and I'm not too comfortable with zbrush's renderer, so no finished work yet. Hopefully that'll change soon. tl;dr, watch me grow.

First up is a Corgi model I spent about 3 hours on tonight. Any advice on surfacing would be much appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corgi_v005.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	296.5 KB 
ID:	339134  
    Be Good.

Default Gaming Mouse WIP1

I'll come back to the Corgi when I have the chops to deal with the subtlety that the subject demands. I had a vision of a scene at work today for a "Gaming mouse", so I jotted down a little sketch. I still don't feel terribly confident in my sketching ability, but I do see it improving over time.

It's notable that this is the first time I've gone from concept sketch to ortho sketch to model before. I'm very excited to have made a drawing I don't hate to start from.

So far, about 2 hours of work. Simple polypainting for now, to be refined soon. Thanks for looking, crits/advice welcome
    Be Good.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Awesome start, keep it going!
    faivcat@gmail.com

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Skittixch

I like your classic approach by starting with a diagram.
    The model has the basic shapes necessary to make it really good.
    Give your model TLC and your going to have a master piece.

rimasson: Made a rather cute rodent back in the days of Zbrush 3

Here's a link his work http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachm...chmentid=54531

Doing the best I can with the tools I have !

Default more mouse

Just a quick update. I've been waxing and waning in my zbrush time, but I'm pretty happy with my progress so far. Again, comments/crits welcome!
    Be Good.

Default a real render!

Finally figuring out soft shadows and render settings. Just a quick output

needs more wrinkles and surface variation, but I'm happy so with progress so far!
    Be Good.

Default Some guy

I decided to just sculpt and see what my imagination made...I made a guy in a hoodie. Only using a few muscle charts for reference, started the head last night, and did the rest tonight over about 3-4 hours. Still working on the mouse, just flushing out a bunch of accessories.
    Last edited by skittixch; 02-02-13 at 01:02 AM.

Default Battletoad in progress

it's been a minute since I uploaded anything... I've been working on quite a few projects lately, but nothing's complete yet. Here's progress on my latest hopefully I'll have a completed scene before too too long...
    Be Good.

Default Spaceship Sketch

Sadly, this May was totally devoid of any zbrush artistic endeavors. This is the first thing I've done in over a month, but I'm really pretty happy with how this sketch is going.

It marks the first time I've successfully made a custom insertmesh and used it with curves. This represents probably 3-4 hours of work so far. Hopefully more to come
    Be Good.

Default more alien spaceships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fKclXlfmJI

here's the first turntable test I've done, with a quickish sketch of another flying alien tank. One note I'm getting is that my sketches always come out looking too organic. I find it's hard to retain the freedom to sketch this stuff while still keeping a "machined" look. I'd love any advice you guys might have. Thanks for looking
    Be Good.

Default getting somewhere!

I'm starting to work on a video game with one of my friends that we're making for a mutual friend's birthday. This guy is CrayZ, he likes crab buffets, and he's going to have to fight through hell to get his fill. I'm starting to feel a lot more confident in my work. this is just a sketch (several hours of sketch, though I'm getting faster), but I'm really looking forward to giving him details and working through retopology. Thanks for looking!
    Be Good.

Default Alien Tank V5

still working on alien hover-tanks for a project. This is definitely working toward a final design. I've had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to get this more clean and paneled looking. The topology tools in zbrush, thus far, I find really cumbersome and always not-quite-what-I'm-looking-for. Maybe that's my inexperience with them. Anyhoo, more to come. Thanks for looking. comments and critiques always encouraged.
    Be Good.

Default CrayZ update

I could not be more pumped at the progress I've made on this guy. I really feel like I've turned a corner with it. Also rigging/animating in max and sending to unity.

more to come!
    Be Good.

Default More CrayZness

More more more

this is definitely the closest thing I've gotten to a respectable zbrush render. Feeling great about progress. I'm having some hiccups and confusion with when in the detail-adding process I should pose my model, but I'm making it work. More to come! Critiques and advice encouraged!
    Be Good.

New Member Follow User Gallery

it's inspiring to see a project move forward like this. nice work. very expressive character (someone is crazy about crabs).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast