New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Sculptris Tools Not Working

I downloaded Sculptris Alpha 6 the other day, and for the life of me, I can't get any of the tools to work. All I get when I open the program is the ability to grab and rotate the sphere by clicking the mouse buttons; I can't do anything else to it. I don't know what's going on, or how I might go about fixing it. I've played with a bunch of the settings to try to get the different tools to respond, and I even tried re-installing the program entirely, but neither of those did anything.

Am I missing something really obvious, here?
    It takes a village to raise an idiot, but it only takes one idiot to raze a village.

Seems simple but have you tried changing the strength of each brush?

Other than that I'm wondering if you've somehow managed to activate "sticky keys" (in windows?) and the shift key is stuck on. That would mean that you are using the smooth keyboard shortcut (I think). I've also had trouble with one of my keyboards having a physically sticky key usually remedied by hammering on it for a few seconds. Either way I'd have thought you'd have noticed all of your typing being IN CAPS ALL THE TIME though.

Strange problem. Hope you can sort it out. Sculptris is a great creative tool.

Yep, I've tried changing the strength of each brush. Nothing happens. I click on the sphere with a tool selected to shape it, and all the program does is grab and rotate it, rather than sculpt it. Sticky keys isn't running, either, and this keyboard functions just fine, physically.

I don't know what's going on...
    Last edited by Zokkq; 01-10-13 at 02:11 PM.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot, but it only takes one idiot to raze a village.

I'm stumped mate. I've had a couple of problems with the program opening with a sphere and no symmetry line. Creating a new sphere and new scene solves that though. You could try turning on/off the tablet navigation and traditional sculptris animation in the options menu but I can't really see how that would cause your problem in the first place. Might be worth a go?

That's another thing I noticed: there's no line of symmetry showing up, either. I tried creating a new scene to see if that fixed anything, but that didn't produce any results, same as the rest. Turing on 'Traditional Sculptris Navigation' solved my grab-and-rotate problem, but I still can't get any of the tools to work, or the symmetry line to show up, even after messing with the various options in the options menu.

If it means anything, here are my computer specs:

CPU: Intel Core Duo T2080 @ 1.73 GHz
    GPU: Intel G45 Express integrated chipset
    RAM: 1 GB DDR2 laptop memory
    Last edited by Zokkq; 01-11-13 at 07:10 PM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Is the detail slider set to centre or anywhere but the far left?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JimB0; 01-12-13 at 10:56 AM.