New Member Follow User Gallery

Question Scuptris updates????

Hello to all, i would like to know if SCULPTRIS is DEAD OR NOT, because its no evolution for this software, i think a lot of people was waiing for this incredible software easy to use for everyone...

so...

IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A RESPONS FROM THE DEV TEAM????

thanks

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default re

the first post in the Playing with polygons topology Sticky at the top of the Sculptris forum, was the Last post from Dr. Petters, the programmer who wrote Sculptris. Pixologic bought the rights, hired Dr. Petters to work on Sculptris, adding the GOZ and such, but I followed a google search through his old sites and such and it seems that Dr. Petters has moved on to other projects. The Pixo team wont respond to these questions, it's doubtful if any of them even read any of this thread. Sculptris is just they're little "starter drug" to get you addicted and wanting to buy Zbrush. If you don't have the 700 bones, start learning Blender. It's Free, always in development, and has most of what Zbrush and 3DSMax had two years ago .....

terrible...thanks for the respons...

It would be nice if Pixologic were to state if Sculptris Alpha 6 is still going to be refined or not. They are leading people to think it is with statements like those in Sculptris pdf guide "Alpha 6 is a big step toward what will become the final version 1 release of the software but features are still being refined and there can also be errors."

As with ZBrush, Pixologic only discusses future development when they are ready to, not before, or in some forum thread asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Marklew View Post
    As with ZBrush, Pixologic only discusses future development when they are ready to, not before, or in some forum thread asking for it.
    My point is by publishing such a statement "Alpha 6 is a big step toward what will become the final version 1 release of the software but features are still being refined and there can also be errors." will only encourage people to come to the forums and asking about updates. I don't think I or anyone else warranted such a caustic reply such as yours.

Ok...so Pixologic team = Bears = Hibernating for a, undetermined time...nice people...

Quote Originally Posted by JimB0 View Post
    My point is by publishing such a statement "Alpha 6 is a big step toward what will become the final version 1 release of the software but features are still being refined and there can also be errors." will only encourage people to come to the forums and asking about updates. I don't think I or anyone else warranted such a caustic reply such as yours.
    I'm sorry if though it was 'caustic'. It was supposed to be a reality check. Pixologic have never discussed future development when asked for it in forum threads. They announce it when, and only when they are ready to. If you don't like that, well so be it.

Sculptris is what it is. It is just as good as when it was last updated. What you could make with it then is still what you can make with it now.
    Last edited by Richard Marklew; 01-19-13 at 06:47 AM.

I have my licence of zbrush i buy from the beggining...now zbrush 4 but i never used zbrush because its so many button,s options stuff to learn...

when i saw sculptris i used that tool like a kid toy, its very easy to use, functions are basic, but the software need a lot of improvements...and now this software become old...no one use that anymore...so for me pixologic dont work on it, no new after years = death of the software.

Now @ 4R5.......
    Buttons are good.
    Start in Sculptris then GoZ to ZBrush for further work

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jones View Post
    Now @ 4R5.......
    Buttons are good.
    Start in Sculptris then GoZ to ZBrush for further work
    One does not simply have the money to purchase Zbrush so where do I GoZ too?