ZBrushCentral

Super 1 and the Amazing Team 0

This is my CGChallenge - TEN entry.

A crazy project where I had to develop, from concept to final image, 10 characters in less than 2 months in a part time regime.

They form a very peculiar team of superheroes, which I’ll be describing and showing in more detail during the next days.
The project consisted on the of a fictitious comic book.

It was an ambitious project but extremely fun to do. It can always be better but it was a satisfying result.

Attachments

Super_One_and_Team_Zero_B1500.jpg

Great characters. I had a look at the wip shots at cgsociety, really like the concept…and they’re not game models. :+1:

This is just too awesome! :+1:

Love everything about it. The little old lady cleaning the robot is perfect. :smiley:

Thanks Pride and Father O.

I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Here are the profiles for the characters in the next image:

El Dorado - A former mexican Wrestler who was born with a bacteria in his bone structure, that processes bone and turns it into gold.

This fact had several consequences. A gold bone structure made him extremely heavy so he had to develop extreme strength to be able to move like a regular human.

On the other hand, being so heavy, even has a baby, his mother quickly became incapable of lifting him up. That lack of motherly contact, made him a very needy person, with a tendency to violence and destruction in order to get attention.

Flash - The fastest sloth in the universe. So fast you’ll rarely see it move.

Haha, great back story! I suppose he’d also have to be extra tough with all the low-lifes out there hunting him down for his bones. :lol:

Very fun characters! Really diggin that brain backpack guy. Mind sharing a bit on how you developed the final images?

Thanks everyone!

Here is another superhero character from Team 0:

Gill - 50% shark, 50% lawyer and 0% human.

In charge of all the legal Damage Control, associated with the usual super hero activities that tend to destroy many properties.
There have been some cases where evil is stopped exclusively through legal action, but when that’s not the case Gill also has other talents that make him a valuable member outside the court.

TEN_Gill_01_PF_PP1500.jpg

This is really great, love the team.

Something about these renders too, pretty unique

As a lawyer he should be a bottom feeder, like a carp.

Haha, this is just great!
You gotta love Gill!:+1:
Btw, is that consuela polishing the robot to the left? :wink:

Thanks again guys!

Santis: Its not Consuela but that was the main reference. :slight_smile:

Here is another one:

P.R. - The Public Relations guy of the team. He has the power to be extremely persuasive, but only if he’s smoking. It doesn’t really matter what he’s smoking as long as he inhales the smoke.
So, due to all the non-smoking laws, most of the press conferences take place outdoors no matter how dangerous it might be or how bad the weather conditions are.

TEN_PR_01_PF_PP_crop1500.jpg

Nice one, but it looks VERY similar to the dude from Eat 3D tutorials.

Love El Dorado’s finger nails … : ))

Nice work. :+1: Don’t see the similarity myself, Faircat.

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

Here’e the next member of Team 0:

Octavius - An octopus like alien which came to Earth in pursuit of an enemy of his own kind. After joining forces with our heroes in order to eliminate that that threat he decided to express his gratitude by staying on our ocean rich planet and becoming a member of Team 0. Though his true motivations are much darker than that. He intends to study our protectors in order to find their vulnerabilities so he can plan the perfect invasion and change our planet’s name to Water.

TEN_Octavius_PF_PP1500.jpg

Youv got some great characters here mate, very cool! now make it a monthly web comic plz :slight_smile:

Thanks JohnnyRaptor.

The web comic is always a possibility. Who knows?! :slight_smile:

Here is another one, actually a Super 1 :

Super One : This is the leader of my superheros team.
It’s a regular human with an exceptionally severe case of schizophrenia and megalomania.
He believes to be the special one, a chosen one, a protector of the Universe with superhuman powers. And he believes it so strongly, that his mind actually generates amazing momentary super powers like super strength, flying, Xray vision, invisibility, etc…

Though he doesn’t normally possess such abilities he can gain them almost by will.
No one knows his real identity, because whenever he isn’t Super 1, he always has a different identity, some sort of extreme multi personality disorder.

TEN_Super1b_01_PF_PP1500.jpg

I like these guys!

And here’s another one:

Dr.Arrock -A brilliant man whose brain kept growing until he had to remove his own brain from his skull and carry it in a backpack. Inside his head resides his “lizard brain”, which besides holding his basic vital functions, also contains the most primitive instincts.

When he unplugs his backpack he becomes a completely different person, driven by his most carnal desires. A modern version of Jekyll and Hyde.

TEN_Arrock_01_PF_PP1500.jpg

Hehe… great!