New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Sculptris bugs

Hi!

I'm sculpting in Sculptris right now and found some bugs.
    When you create a plane, it shows a sphere until you click. Then it becomes a plane. Quite confusing. (Not a serious problem but worth to mention). But another thing that actually was scary was when I worked with two separate objects. Normally you can click to select and switch between objects, but after a while I couldn't, because both were selected and both were affected by the sculpting tools. Is that a bug? I want to be sure before I go on and add new objects to my sculpt...

Perhaps I could solve it by reinstalling it? I've tried both install>modify and install>repair but it didn't change a thing. Perhaps it could be solved by uninstalling first and then reinstalling. But if you guys have the same problems then it's an issue in the program and not on my computer.

Edit: Another bug. Move an object globally, and then undo. The pivot does not undo.

Also... Sculptris has been standing still for a while now... still Alpha 6 right? Shouldn't we see an update soon? It would be really handy to have a list of all your objects in which you can select, delete, copy, lock ect. Perhaps also sculpt layers like in Mudbox. Another thing would be a history list like in Photoshop... I'm not even sure you can redo stuff in Sculptris?

I love Sculptris and would really like it to evolve a little bit.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by veclock; 02-01-13 at 08:06 AM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default re

as far as masking .. ctrl+A and ctrl+D .... if you have a partial mask, the clicking different objects doesn't work .... it always starts out with a sphere, you can either add a plane, or open a plane in a new project. There will probably never be an update for Sculptris, the original programmer moved on like 2 years ago.... but it's still a great program to have!!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Yeah, I must have pressed CTRL+A instead of CTRL+S.

Very sad... it has so much more potential. Why did Pixologic buy it if they didn't want to develop it more?

From my understanding the original programmer was hired by Pixologic hence Dynamesh. It came out in the update after the rumored hiring.

Actually I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a tweet of it so I don't think its rumor.

Default re

yeah, the first two version of Sculptris were out from DrPetters, who'd done several other freebie programs as well, He Sold Sculptris, and worked at Pixo for almost a year, updating Sculptris to Alpha 6, the first update. He Posted here one time after that, then dissappeared. That first year, Alpha 5, We had Thread after Thread of suggestions, feedback, and of course rendered usage, as a handfull of talented, young artists fell in love with this amazing yet simple editor. In his last post, he announced he was working on a Tri's to Quads function so the meshes could be more useful for game and film models. I don't know if Pixo didn't like that idea, or if he was overwhelmed, or maybe just wanted go spend some money (remember he Sold Sculptris to Pixo) but that last post was almost 3 years ago, late 2010. It's doubtful you'll ever see another update.