Member Follow User Gallery
    Content for Mature Audiences only. Click to view

Mature Audiences Medical Animation Fully Rendered in ZBrush!!!

Medical Animation Fully Sculpted/Rendered with ZBrush4r5 with minimal After Effects.

Hi ZMembers,

Here is some of my latest work. Actually I think this is the first thing I've ever posted on ZBrush Central. I did this piece for Applied Medical Resource, where I work. I just finished it a few weeks ago. I did the entire thing from scratch. And I did it in only what topped-out to be almost 3 months after taking two weeks off during Christmas and all of the red lines were corrected. Truthfully, it went a little faster than I had ever expected for just one person doing this!

ZBrush is such a huge part of my day. The resent updates have been such a godsend to my pipeline!

I stay pretty busy so it may be a few weeks/months before I can post some of my personal work.... that I still need to finish. Oh and by the way, I tend to stray pretty far away from doing Medical stuff when I'm working on personal stuff.
    Just a little background on what it is that you're watching... the product focus is for a medical devise (the purple tube a.k.a. The "Alexis® Orthopaedic Retractor") that is used to replace metal retractors. It allows the doctor to have a better direct visual to see what they are working on. It also sheds time off of the recovery process.

Enjoy!

p.s. I only included the "MA" just to be safe.
    Last edited by RyDarling; 02-01-13 at 07:21 PM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

No, MA definitely not necessary. ED for educational, maybe. Very practical application. I like it.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." -E.F. Schumacher

So cool! I have always wanted to get into medical animating but not exactly sure where to start. Thought about joining the AMI.

Can't wait to see more projects.

Red face So Sorry for the late response.

Thanks Guys! I actually just saw this! I would think I'd some how get an email telling me I have comments. So Sorry for the late response.
    R y a n D a r l i n g
    Digital Sculpting / Animation

Kitbash Store: Darling3D.com
    Portfolio:
    RyanDarling3D.com

Senior Multimedia Designer
    Applied Medical Resources