ZBrushCentral

Portrait of innocence

Hi guys, this is my last work, I decided to do a portrait of my son, my proud and joy.
Hopefully one day he will appreciate it, but for now I just hope you guys like it! :lol:

Started from a Polymesh sphere in zBrush, the hair are Fibermesh, retopo in Maya, render in Octane and final adjustment in Photoshop/Magic Bullet.

Attachments

Ren.jpg

Ren_diffuse.jpg

Ren_zbrush.jpg

An eye opener and heart-warmer.The greatest value of this planet. Now and forever…our childs. BRAVO!

Ciao,
TM

Wow! This looks absolutely amazing!! Really good job!

Beautiful work and son. Congratulations on both. Cherish these days he will be in college before you know it.

Very nice work!

a beautiful portrait! besides that the modeling and texturing, and lightning are so great, i love most the feeling it evokes. wonderful!

Thank you all for the comments guys!

@TribunMaximus: so true! thx man!
@eRKK: thank you!
@monstermaker: thank you Rick, I’m so honored you replied to my thread!
@Doug Jones: thank you!
@kokoro: thanks, I’m glad you like it!

Here’s a little breakdown on the hair and a some closeup to show the work on the skin details :slight_smile:

Ren_detail01.jpgRen_detail03.jpg

Excellent: many congratulations on a beautiful production. Same message to the missus! :slight_smile:

Here I am again. I’ve been very busy lately, so I didn’t have much time to work on this, but now I finally finished.
I reworked the scene, and added the full body model. For the clothing I used Agisoft PhotoScan to get a realistic base mesh, than I retopologized it in Maya, and sculpted the fine details in zBrush.
Render in Octane, final adjustment in Photoshop/Magic Bullet.

Click here for the 4K version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34021721/ren/ren_new_4k.jpg

ren_new.jpgren_new_diffuse.jpg

Impressive!!!
Lot of excellent work.
But, I also like the zbrush preview.
Some of the sculpting is lost under a real pathtracer (like octane). Not lost exactly but… you know.
Such things should always be expected. A more dramatic lighting in octane, something less physically accurate, I would like to see.

Very cute!

perfect - i first thought it was a reference foto :slight_smile: i also love the overall mood, and the lighting.

Excellent work :+1:

Nice piece of work! Hard to know how much it looks like your son, but it’s a very cute image! Love all the little details - including his expression and pose.
Which version of Agisoft did you use, the professional, or the standard version? Did you have an elaborate camera set-up, or a simple one? Is it fairly easy to get good results with Agisoft?
I ask because I’ve been looking for an inexpensive way to do some 3D scanning on my Mac.

Thank you for the comments!
Here’s a photo of him, as reference. :wink:

ren_ref.jpg

I used the stander edition, because it’s cheap.
I did a simple 1 camera setup, with rotating subject (I put the dress on a wire mannequin).
It took really long time to get the scan done, mainly for memory problems, and the resulting shape is very dirty, you cannot use it as it is.
The only really useful thing is the texture, you can project it on your retopo model, but than you have to manually sculpt all the details, the 3d scan itself is pretty useless, but it gives you good proportions.

From the photo, it looks like you captured him alright! :+1:
Okay, dumb question: So, would you say it would be impossible then to get a decent body scan of someone, or their face, with the subject on a turntable, and with the camera on a tripod, without a multi-camera set-up no matter how careful the subject is is not to move?

It’s possible of course, but you will still need a lot of manual work.
One click ready-to-use 3D scans are science-fiction for now. :wink:

Awsome!
This tread has truly increased the overall quality of this forum! =D

Someone might be interest in the process I used to create the clothes, so here it is. :wink:

step1.jpgstep2.jpgstep3.jpgstep4.jpg

Attachments

step6.jpg

step7.jpg