Member Follow User Gallery

Default SMESSIER - Sculptbook

This is Loch. He's a character study for my Character and Level design class. I chose to design a character within the "Dishonored" style parameters.

Loch is a nobleman in social decline, his family once wealthy and powerful. Now he takes respect through violence and crime.

Loch was sculpted and painted in a handful of hours.

Default Albatross - Organic Automaton Racer

Currently working on a mobile racing game for iOS. Designing an overall aesthetic balance between organic forms and harsh angular shapes - natural vs constructed forms. Here's a render from Marmoset of the in game mesh; made almost entirely in zbrush. More soon.

Default Final In-Game Asset

Finished up the first in-game racer asset; built and designed for iOS. Rendered in Marmoset toolbag. Texture/Normal/Emissive maps - 2048x2048.

Default Loch Revisited

Final render/comp of my previous Loch character speed sculpted in the style of Dishonored.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dishonored_loch.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	397.7 KB 
ID:	358090  

Default Kevin Eslinger - Cheshire Cat 3D Print

Hey, I've been working with Kevin Eslinger on sculpting his rendition of the cheshire cat with the intention of 3d printing. It will be roughly a foot long and 6.5 inches tall. Kevin is currently at the Denver Comicon showing off this work and other arts. If you're in the area, I encourage you to check it out! -- Link to Kevin's Cheshire Painting (http://eslingergallery.com/product/cheshire-cat)

Here are some WIP renders of the current sculpt of the cat. Please let me know what you think.

Last edited by smessier; 05-31-13 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Forgot info

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

very cool love the helix/coil
    be really neat if it could be cast in a flexible medium, set it on top of your computer and let it stretch
    Dustin
    .:|Sketch Book |:.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman3d View Post
    very cool love the helix/coil
    be really neat if it could be cast in a flexible medium, set it on top of your computer and let it stretch
    Thanks Dman; that would be cool route to go with the final product. We'll be casting from the print, so that might be a possibility. Appreciate the feedback!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Cool concept for the Cheshire cat. I too think it would be cool to make it in something flexable.

Default Mongol Assassin

Wanted to update with an early WIP shot of an assassin character for an idea I'm developing. The premise of the story (game) is the journey of a tibetan warrior that hunts down Genghis Khan and his golden horde for vengeance against the brutality and enslavement of his people. Most of the gameplay/story takes place in the tibetan mountains as the mongol army passes through during one of Genghis Khan's final campaigns. The assassin utilizes the snowy environment to cover himself and successfully track/hunt soldiers, and to strike fear in his enemies he chooses to embody the yeti legends of the mountain people.

These elements greatly influence his design; I want this character's ethnicity to be instantly recognizable, but not stereotypical. I'm interested in working toward hyper-realism, planning out every element of his attire and arsenal; this also plays into his personality, as he his is a ruthless and cunning warrior.

More on him later. Having a lot of fun.

Default Eslinger Caterpillar

My second sculpture for Kevin Eslinger: his Hookah Smoking Caterpillar. Here are some final stills of the rendered sculpture. Will be 3D printed. Check out more of my work at www.smessierobjects.wordpress.com.

Default Beef Tank - Mobile Character

Sculpted/retopo in Zbrush; textured in photoshop. Rendered in marmoset. Built from the start to be a mobile rpg character. The beef tank and his accessories are under 2500 verts, while his base pushes him over 2600. 2048 normals and textures.

Default Runner Bot - WIP

Default Rendering an Old Friend

New Member Follow User Gallery

great works! love the caterpillar character.

Thanks Carart. Appreciate the comment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast