Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Ehren, does your company print 3D for hire?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've gotten a few requests for other tutorials, like how to pose a model for dynamic composition, and how to determine the thickness for a printed part. I'll be happy to cover these subjects as well as other things that you guys may be interested in. I'm open to suggestions. A few people have asked if we print for other clients... Right now we don't. It may be something we expand into later. Here is a pic of the final printed Medusa for ARH statues. The total piece is 29 inches tall... The project to about 6 weeks to complete from initial sculpt to final painted prototype.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medusa-Victorious-8s.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	504.3 KB 
ID:	489016  

New Member Follow User Gallery

Can't wait for your posing tutorials!

wow, looking at those prints are such a treat for eyes <3.
    some really cool info in tut there man,Thanks for sharing.
    AVAILABLE FOR FREELANCE

MY ARTSTATION

MY BLOGSPOT

/////////////////////////

Great work! thx for sharing

Excellent!
    Happy ZBrushing! Greetings, Dominiek D.R.

Member Follow User Gallery

Really brilliant work!

Awesome stuff and awesome tutorials!

The Edens are excellent printers and your projects look fantastic. How much sanding and polishing do you need to do by hand after the print is finished and how much loss of detail are you seeing? Do you sculpt super juicy detail into the digital model to compensate for the loss?

You had me when I thought these were 2D!
    Congrats!!

Thanks SO much for these tutorials! As a new 3d printer owner, this is exactly what I was looking for! (Ultimaker 2+ extended)

Default 80 THOUSAND for that printer

yeah I stopped the tutorial after I heard that... Overwhelming investment, that's a mortgage on a little starter home

Maybe they finance it for 15 years or so... Regardless GREAT work OVERALL!

We actually just purchased a Ultimaker 2+ extended printer, and we are VERY pleased with the printed results. The cost was $3000. I've printed gaming miniatures and even printed replicate cufflinks for Kingpin on the printer so far with excellent print quality.

Its far from the speed of a $80,000 printer, but the quality is quite acceptable if you can wait a day or so for large prints to complete.

These are just over 1" wide Ghostbuster firehouses I modelled and printed, and each printed in about 2 hours or so. (These also were not printed at the best print setting, and as viewed are probably 10 time bigger than the naked eye can see them. I can't see the print lines unless I hold them up a few inches to my face.

And here is a Necromicon I sculpted in zbrush for a board game.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hey Ehren, thanks for the 3D printing videos, they're great.

Thanks again guys. I know the prices of these printers is prohibitive right now but technology is progressive and the prices will come down. It's just the nature of things. My advice is to get up to speed on the process involved so that when things become more affordable, you are totally ready to jump on board. I also think that FDM printers are a great investment for those wanting to familiarize themselves with the process. Anyway here is another 20 minute youtube video. Its not so much of a tutorial. I give some advice about sculpting but I also go in to some depth about my personal experiences in the collectibles industry. It's an honest, down to earth backstory. I've had a lot of ups and downs in my career and I thought some people might benefit from hearing that it's not all easy breezy. All the artists that we look up to and admire have paid dues in their own way. This is just my personal take on it. And thanks so much for another top row. It's an honor and I would love to encourage other people to keep working hard and achieve what they want. Enjoy

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121319 ... LastLast