ZBrushCentral

Interface Tip-adding Symmetry Options

Just a tip for those that have wondered how to add the Turn on Symmetry and options x,y,z and Radial ® and Radial Count to the top of your interface.

Before starting just in case so you don’t lose your interface options all ready set go to Preferences Menu and Save Ui somewhere on your computer. Just to back it up. Also you can use this with your Custom Interface as long as you have enough room up top. You can also place these options below too instead if you choose.

With ZB open

1. Go to the Preferences Menu/Config and turn on Enable Customize Button.

2. Select a 3d Primitive like the Cylinder and draw it on the Canvas and turn on the Edit Button.

3. Now if you go to your Transform Menu you will see that the Activate Symmetry and all of it’s Options can now be used where as if the Cylinder3D or other Primitive was not in Edit mode it wouldn’t be active.

4. Now grab each button and the Sliders one at a time over to the top of your interface

5. Once you have all of your buttons lined up on the interface turn off Edit, Clear the Layer, go to your Cylinder3d (or the 3D Primitive you chose to use and go to the Tool/SubTool menu and hit Delete button and then hit Ok.

6. Hit the Simple Brush in the Tool Menu and then hit the R (Reset) Button. This is so that it shows only the usual start up buttons.

7. Turn off the Enable Customize Button

8. Hit the Save Ui Button and save it to your computer don’t use the same name as your back up Custom Interface or it will write over the last save

9. Hit Store Config Button and Hit OK

10. Close ZB and open it back up. It will seem like the buttons didn’t work. To make sure they did select a Primitive again go into edit mode and they should pop up on the interface where you put the buttons.

<object type=“cosymantecnisbfw” cotype=“cs” id=“SILOBFWOBJECTID” style=“width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;”></object>

Attachments

001apref001a.jpg

001bCylinderinEdit.jpg

001cTransformON.jpg

001dReset001a.jpg

001eDelete.jpg

001fSimpleBrush.jpg

It Worked!

If you find that they are not there or that some other buttons are missing try it again, you may need to remove other buttons that you do not need like the QuickSketch button up on the interface to make room for the others. Also Make sure that no buttons/sliders are overlapping by scrolling over the button or slider and see that the frame of the button/slider are not overlapping.

this one you can see clearly the overlapping of the Activate Symmetry and R buttons and the RadialSlider, Total Points and Active points which will cause some major problems.
002cOverlapping.jpg

Hint you can also use this same trick for other buttons that are not available unless a editable 3d object is active in edit mode to get some of these options make the Cylinder3D into a PolyMesh3D object and then move the options that you want over to your interface.

<object type=“cosymantecnisbfw” cotype=“cs” id=“SILOBFWOBJECTID” style=“width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;”></object>

I need to mention here though I have a 15" MacBookPro and the button/text sizes in my custom UI where not made big if yours doesn’t fit try making the buttons smaller in the Preferences/Interface Menu the default is 44.

I have Symmetry buttons on my custom ui but when I put a new 3d object on the canvas the Symmetry buttons disappear why is that?
is there any way to refresh the ui so it comes back? without having to load the custom ui file.

thanks any help you can give me

@iresolver
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?189611-Customize-UI-problem&p=1109876&viewfull=1#post1109876

I have the 3D object on the canvas it’s when I load a Different 3D object is when it looses the Symmetry icon’s on my custom ui
it’s the only buttons that disappear from the ui.
so i thought that if I could have a button that automatically reloads my custom ui that would work for me.
but I don’t know how the script would be for that to work.

If anyone has an idea how, that would be great
thanks guys

Took me a while to ‘come to grips’ with the way the ZBrush interface works. I’ve replied to numerous people with the ‘problem’ you’re having. Did you look at the link in my signature and included files?