ZBrushCentral

pokemon animation v02

hi some of you may have seen these character be fore or many versiation of the characters , i made this character for my uni project in my last year but alot of issue came up thus changein the project entierly,

HOWEVER. i have taken a break and now back at it and given my self 12 months to complet it, the idea is the same but with a change of a different character.

at the moment i am using zbrush for a chacater that i modeled in maya.
This is the first time i have ever fully sculpted a character in zbrush from mesh and not from zsphears. so things have been a bit hazy,but i am pretty happy with it, so far still alot of tweeks to go.

THE PROJECT:
THIS WILL INCLUDE TWO CHARACTER IN confrontation with each other with a few effect(if i can creat them) and one will leave victoriuos( and yes they are pokemon character :D).

challenges:
muscle rigg
muscle collision
sculpt to acheivable realise
create or use a well made riggwith all controls
animated to a realistic effect(reff from avatar horses)

progress so far from start to finish

hope ya like give advice and help if you can thanks guys & gals :smiley:

Tauros

Attachments

PROGRESS Tauros.jpg

my cow so far(very rough blocking).jpg

tauros progression6.jpg

tauros progression4.jpg

tauros progression.jpg

tauros progression2.jpg

more progession

Poliwraith_progression_6.jpgPoliwraith_progression2.jpgPoliwraith_progression_5.jpgPoliwraith_progression4(small).jpg

Poliwraith_Sculpt_Progression-5.jpgPoliwraith_Sculpt_Progression-3.jpg

their are alot more photos but it wont load them up lol ill fix them up and upload them,

ive also added detail for his arm band for muscle tension and detail in the face aswell i will upload more at a later date

thanks again

Wait is that Polywrath that you are trying to model?

oh man, that dosnt look too good
first you need to realize there are hundreds of smaller muscles in human or animal body that usually get ignored when doing muscle simulations but affect the outside look, i once saw a 1 to 1 muscle rig for a horse, it was so complex i didnt know what was going on in there when it moved
anyway you pokemon just dosnt look right, looks like he would have problems with even walking straight
i would ignore any software that allows you to set up muscle rigs and in stead study animals and sculpt your model based on that, and at the end try to match the muscles to the shapes you created, since now the skeleton looks alright, but the sculpt dosnt

cheers man, so do you mean i should basically start again. For the muscles ? i mean i tried to do my best at sculpting in the muscles from my knowledge i mean i need to get a workable muscle rigg really im happy with the arms muscle rigg the legs im not sure about

the sculpting side for the muscles i have struggled with i mean he will have some sort of fat on him i just want to create the impression of the muscles i mean as far as my knowledge goes the muscles are fairly close to the right place as the character is base of human anatomy , and i know
that their are many tiny muscle groups which im not fused about only because i dnt want to do rigging as a profession but i would like to learn a bit more on muscle rigs as time goes by.
i have been useing some good anatomy books as refference and video and mr universe refference also to try and get the best out look i may evan take some muscle bones away as i do not think their would be much use for them.

and yes its polywraith lol how ever you spell it lol

just to bare in mind the sculpt and muscle rig have change slightly from these image but i cnt upload them till i change the size of the images :confused: . i have them on facebook lol

POLYWRAITH HIGH POLYRENDER.jpg

this is just a raw 27 million poly export from zbrush to maya just to see how my machine would handle such poly counts 27 min render lol thats not good lol.

however it was just a test to see detail with a basic light studio set up to get a better feel of what i wanna create

comment below please

finaly 97% done texturing jus tiny bits and bobs on the body but that all . jus gota sort out the staff and the arm band and toe nails
but those are seperate from the mesh :smiley:

please leave a comment :smiley:
or twitter @AFRONASIS

THANKS PEPS

1111.jpg