ZBrushCentral

Carl "SelWorks" Sketchbook (tutorial Pg. 5)

Hey guys. I haven’t posted here for a long time. I think this is the most intimidating website to post, for the amount of talent you can find :p. I would like to start a sketchbook to force myself to feed this thread more often with new portfolio and with your help and feedback I hope I can grow for future projects. Here are a few models I worked on lately in my spare time, hope you like them.

-Female Anatomy exercice: BPR painted render and 3d Max/Vray for the clay render.
Anatomy_Study_02.jpg

Anatomy_Study_01.jpg

Anatomy_Study_Closeup.jpg

Attachments

Anatomy_Study_01.jpg

Anatomy_Study_02.jpg

Anatomy Torso done from zpshere

Anatomy_Torso.jpg

Attachments

Anatomy_Torso.jpg

Very nice anatomy studies…love them! :+1:

Creature Clay Render: I used Vray for this. The great Clay shader is from Mike Nash “fake it” pack.

Creature_Clay.jpg

Attachments

Creature_Clay.jpg

1 Like

Xenomorph: I’ve always had the need to make an Alien since I started to learn Zbrush :D. I tried to make something fresh though, looking for a more organic and fleshy feeling.

I’ve only used Zbrush for this one. BPR Render and polypaint. Thanks for the insert brush and curve feature the tubes weren’t a pain in the ass.

Xenomorph_Final.JPG

Xenomorph_Turnarround.JPG

Xenomorph_Clay.jpg

Attachments

Xenomorph_Clay.jpg

Xenomorph_Turnarround.JPG

Glad you started a sketchbook! Don’t be intimidated, you have some serious talent :+1:

FANTASTIC PIECE ON ALIEN…so great! Speechless.

congrats amazing sculpts love all of em

dude don’t be scared post more stuff man! that xenomorph is friggin awesome! and so are your other sculpts!

Cool stuff here! Great Alien too.
More WIP pics on this Alien? What was your workflow and process?

Thanks guys for the nice comments :slight_smile:

I am working in a sci fi chic character and I’ve wanted to finish the face first before moving forward. This is Vray skin, I achieved this after days of tweaking and learning about its parameters. When you know how to work with it it’s an amazing shader. It’s still wip but for now I am happy with it. I am going to start sketching the body suit hope I can show some progress soon.

Vray_Test.jpg

Zhead.jpg

Attachments

Vray_Test.jpg

Superb models. love the renders!:+1:

awesome models man! I like every model in thread. by the way, are aliens really have a skull inside the head? I never noticed that!

Hey sleepyhead: The workflow is pretty simple. It’s a whole dynamesh project. I’ve divided the character in subtools to work in easy to manage meshes. The head, each arm, the neck, the back "tentacles"and the torso are different pieces. Then all the tubes are done using insert mesh with curves on.I made a single tube piece using max and then converted to brush file, pretty easy process. BPR renders include transparency, SSS, AO, shadows and two speculars, one for the organic parts and one for the tubes. All composed in photoshop.

Uber: Sure man there are Xenos there with transparent shells and the skull in it. Everyone has their point of view, it hasn’t a solid theory but well, I think it makes them more deep and a very studied design.

Thanks folks for your support.

Alien looks awesome!

Quick zbrush speedsculpting exercice I started from scratch, from a dynamesh sphere. Took 1 day of zbrushing and I’ve been tweaking the vray render today. I would like to record a timelapse video but I really don’t know how yet, I will look for that next time.

Vray

Old_man_Vtest.jpg

BPR Render

Wrinkles party.jpg

Attachments

Wrinkles party.jpg

Very nice work! :+1:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Great sculpt. Movie pallette:FHist will record to movie what you did from beginning, if history is enabled.

Hey Doug Jones. Yes I know about movie palette but , for example, you close zbrush and later you keep working on this or you stop sculpting for a while you have to edit this later isn’t? Well I suppose I have to try it and see how it works :slight_smile:

Thanks!

awesome models carl!!
if you want to record a timelapse video where you want to work on it in multiple sessions you have to save the file with the ‘undohistory’ button checked
and when you’re finished you can record everything from the beginning so no editing :slight_smile:
can’t wait to see a timelapse from you!