ZBrushCentral

Jack D Caron - SketchBook

Hi All, I’ve been inspired by so many great artists that I decided to be a big boy and start posting some of the work I’m doing!

Thanks!

Mutant Marine GO! :

Attachments

MM_Marmoset.jpg

MutantMarine_01.jpg

MutantMarine_02.jpg

Good work!

Cool mutant, man! Reminds me Resident Evil 3, haha! Good work! Would be looking perfect in some videogame!

Thanks haz3y!

RYSHER - that’s exactly what I intended. The textured picture is a Marmoset render with him at 6k tris. Thanks man! I am heavily influenced by Dead Space.

Art test time.

Hi, very nice work on the mutant soldier, the texture looks great! On the last piece, the soldier, a good start; you could shorten his torso and maybe make his legs more straight, right now they look a little bent, or maybe that’s what you wanted:). Also you could make his arms more thicker, but it must be a wip so you could already fixed this things out by now. Good luck and all the best!

Thanks for the help nomad! I just parsed this down to 900 tris, what a challenge. I ended up using Topogun to bake out the maps, I find xNormal’s cage tweaking is a bit from the stoneage. Makes me feel like I should be running it on a 486 with 8mb of ram! Topogun is a lot faster than maya, especially with the hardware AO render.

For the Marine, baked out in xNormal and textured 90% in Quixel’s dDo with some extra polish painted using Mudbox. Had a lot of fun on this guy.

On to the next project!

New project. This one is for a student thesis (my own). Obviously grabbing from some pterodactyl reference here, and maybe some Sauron from the Marvel universe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauron_(comics). Crtis more than welcome, that’s why I am posting! I have removed the wing skin for the initial sculpt. Trying to keep it as flat as possible to make rigging go a little smoother.

More work for my thesis film. An alien survivor. His story begins when he returns home (after 175 years of travelling space in cryo-sleep in search of other inhabited planets) to find it desolate and ruined.

Still working on a lot of the items, knifes, etc, that he’ll have. Crits/Ideas welcome.

alien_wip02.jpg