ZBrushCentral

Raven's work.

Hi, my first post here. I’ve been working my but of to try to learn ZBrush. I started out in october/november last year with the help of ZBrushWorkshops & Visualarium I’m at this point now. I got to give credit to Ryan Kingslien for giving me the opportunity to learn from the best.
Thanks Ryan.
Here’s my latest work, it started out as a Panel Loop experiment and ended up as a big pocket watch. Hope you like it.

I rendered out the images and it was a bit to clean, so I jumped in and painted in dings, patterns and then I cracked the glass.

Hope you like it.

Attachments

CLock final2.jpg

side.jpg

ClockRenderBack.jpg

ClockRender.jpg

Really nice picture and render! Did you make those plants from spheres?

My only crit would be that the shorthand should probably point to either 9 or 10, if the longhand is all the way up :slight_smile: But maybe it’s intentional.
Other than that, really nice first post. Been taking classes at visualarium myself :slight_smile:

Great pointers. I got so caught up in painting in details and trying to get none computer generated look that I mixed up the shorthand and the longhand :slight_smile: Good call, loads of people have seen the image but none have pointed this out, rookie mistake on my part. This is my first detailed model and render so I will learn from this mistake.

Great, I really like it! :+1:

(and you got my 2000:th post!)

Hi again, I thought about the comment before and I think it’s ok to have the pointers wrong. The watch is broken and therefore something might have moved the longer pointer… Funny though that I mist this. The thing was that I had other hands or pointers on the watch but thought they where to normal and created these a bit sharper - I meshed up the angles :slight_smile:

Pretty cool looking! I think the “ding” scratches look a little “etched in” though. I’d just remove those.

:+1:

Here’s the watch with no dings and scratches.

ClockRender.jpgClockRenderBackclean.jpgclockside.jpg

I love this. Great job Raven. Excellent 1st post.

Ezra

Awesome looking! Nice one!

I’ve been playing around with the model of Grue’s dog. I’m at the point of posing them both together and it’s been a learning curve for me. Here are some images of the dog (Kyle).

helldog2.jpghelldog4.jpghelldog5.jpg

I’m gathering my assets and building a little scene. I’ve got Grue and Kyle posed, though I have ton of things left to sculpt and build a more believable expression on Gru’s face. I will add some grass rocks… I think I will add a string from Grue’s hand that is pulling a miniature of his huge rocket car :slight_smile: Hope you like my progress shot, will be adding more soon.

blue1.jpg

This is really great. Can’t wait to see how it develops.

Love them both!

J

Here’s a first week assignment. This is my first army guy I sculpt. It’s still in the beginning stages but wow how cool it is to do this in 3D. It’s like watching a sketch born into reality. Love it.

1000_blue.jpg

Hey Raven

Great job. Keep the images coming.

Paul

Finally I can call this guy done for now.

Really dig that fuzzy head creature!

nice character,like the armor pieces
saw u yesterday work on it on zbrush hangout.

Came out great man! Really like the shapes you got going on! Also saw some of your progress in the hangout. Not too sure If I like the pants pattern because it might destroy the readability a bit but otherwise really awesome!

My first week assignment at the new Game Arts Academy. I might have gone a bit to far with these concepts but you know how it is. If you feel your on the right track it’s imposable to quite. Josep Drust class is well thought out and highly recommended. I’ve now been sculpting since november 2012 and I think that I’ve come quite far. Ryan Kinslien has been a great supporter and got me started so thanks to him and his staff at ZBrushWorkshops.com