Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Popeye's 'Eye'

Hi, MonsterMaker.

Thank you for your access and sharing.

Question: I noticed your print has a 'hollow' cornea. What did you fill this void with during post-processing? Acrylic? Polyester? Just curious.

Thank you.

~S.~

Thank you for all that info Rick, I had no idea this involved so many problems to resolve. Sounds like there are lots of tricks to learn to make that viable.

I've always enjoyed your Popeye character

...and ditto on the question above about the eyes?
    Blaine
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Chillllllllllllllin

This is great to see Rick. I should be getting my printer in the next few months so I can't wait to get started. I love all of the details you've added after the print.

Thank you for sharing Rick, much appreciated. May I ask how long time it took to print the Popeye sculpt?

Heres a tip for you....

The heated glass plate?... the one you struggle to put 3M tape on or Kaplon tape to make your print stick to it without an epic fail???....

No more..... Simply draw out a line of PVA glue (white school glue) and drag and spread it over the glass as thinly as you can.

Clip the plate into place and pre heat. The pre heat sets the glue (make sure not to use water proof pva) and print away. I havent had a print move on the print bed since I started doing this and it also has the benefit of easy print removal. You simply wait for the print and glass to cool then soak for 10 minutes in water. The print floats off. This works with both ABS and PLA

Give it a try

Hello Mr Baker, MonsterMaker.

Big fan of your work since you first inspired nightmares and scared the pants off me around 1983-84 when I was 3-4 years old, through Michael Jackson's Thriller.
    The nightmares were eased thanks to the "making of" documentary on the Thriller VHS tape, which even though I was just a small child, I found extremely interesting, mesmerizing, and to a certain extent much more enjoyable than the finished music video.
    I'm sure you've scared me with other "artworks" back in the 80's and 90's, many of which I'm still oblivious of, due to the massive portfolio of work you've done.

Its really amazing to see you posting stuff you do in 3D up on ZbrushCentral/the internet, it really is.
    Whether its new creations, recreations of the old classics, Dracula, Frankenstein, werewolves. Everything is just superb.

Brilliant artist.
    And I'll be sure to follow your Fibermesh tutorial in the next few days.
    Thanks for the memories

mark.

Hi Rick Baker,

I'm also a fan of your work
    If I write you today it's because I've just seen you in The Strain season 1 episode 8 in the Goldstar gas n shop
    I hope all work fine for you and hope to see Zbrush works from you again

Long time since my last post. I finally downloaded the newest version of Brush and was excited to try the ZB to Keyshot bridge. I found a version of my old Bela Ztool and quickly did this as a test. I'm excited to try all of the new stuff and really get to know how to work it all. I love Brush and Pixologic. Thanks Paul for your help.

Thumbs up Love seeing the raw sculpt

You da man! Love seeing the sculpt in Keyshot, all the tiny details. Love the 2 together...Zbrush and Keyshot. Great renders in a short time.
    Jake "Grizzlyjake" Angell
    www.jakeangell.com

Great Stuff Rick! Glad to see you back on the Forum playing with all the New Toys.

Administrator Follow User Gallery

Beautiful work Rick. Thank you for posting.

The master at his best! As usual, amazing work Rick.
    http://dragondragon.deviantart.com/
    "The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world".
    Max Born, Born 1882, German physicist and mathematician- Instrumental in the development of Quantum Mechanics.

Member Follow User Gallery

always so great. Well done sir!

Nice! Love the photo ref on the wall behind too.

Nice one Rick. That detail really holds up in Keyshot.