New Member Follow User Gallery

Looks great!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

S'been a great pleasure to follow this thread Rick, a joy to catch up.
    Sorry to read about your loss of an old friend. Ray Harryhausen is a topic of much conversation in our household. I bought my son all his greats which contains a fabulous documentary about his work which my boy watches on repeat. Together we talk about his work a lot. When I bought the movies for him I told him that I was going to show him the work of a man that made your Father interested in the magic of art when he was a boy . I watched him watching the movies - there he was eyes wide the first moment Ray's first creature appeared and despite all the fancy cgi he has been exposed too I had never witnessed his face quite like it was at Ray's work. Out of no disrespect to his actual Grandparents for the last year he regularly repeats that he wishes Ray Harryhausen was his Grandfather and Harrison Ford the other. He's never actually said who he wishes his Father was :-)

Your fibermesh approach is a great solution for getting the work done with the minimum of fuss and with great results and I concur to using the same approach myself.

Happened across this older video tutorial by Daniel Bystedt a couple of days ago. It has some great tips on using layers and morphs to fine tune grooming . http://www.3dworldmag.com/2012/08/16...ith-fibermesh/

Best wishes,
    Boozy
    ......Nobody tries to be lah-di-dah or uppity--There's a cup-o'-tea for all.

always awesome seeing your stuff! great fibremesh process as well! doing the bakers proud!

Default excellent!

your tutorial totally saved my project! Thanks for the tips, I will keep an eye out for more! P.S. Fibermesh is indeed a digital playground.

Default Brain Guy

Glad you guys found the tut helpful.Thanks again for looking at the painting videos.
    Well I am going to call this guy done. This is a modo render. I utilized GOZ to get him to Modo and went back and forth until it wouldn't allow me too anymore. I'm not sure what happened but after a while when I wanted to goz back to ZB it would crash.
    I had to finish everything in MODO after that. I see things that I would like to finesse but since I rendered it large it takes quiet a while to render and I want to move on.Hope you guys like him.

Awesome works Rick! I must say the fibermesh breakdown you gave is great. I generally follow this same process when doing fibers as well. As for you reply about people not really commenting as much anymore, I've found that to be the case as well. It seems a bit difficult to get any kind of feedback, good or bad. I suppose it is due to the fact that there is so much talent out there and so many new postings all the time. Anyway, thanks for sharing your work!!
    Portfolio Site: http://skdzines.com

I'm a newbie here. So in awe of the talent and to find out THE Rick Baker is lurking here is just awesome!
    Just finished watching the full episode of Blood and Guts. So inspired and in awe of all the countless films you've worked on! Hope to one day get to see your works first hand!

His a very thoughtful fella. Very nice render
    Portfolio

..Now available for freelance..

That's great love the eyes in particular! I should have a look at modo when i 've some time in the meanwhile i've dedicated to you a work or better i've sculpted it after watching your entire gallery so it's not a proper tribute just a big influence that brought me to release a character (usually i'm into abstract things). Here is the lnk: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...amp-WIP/page74 post #1108. Thx as usual for inspiration master Baker.

Awesome, love the skin and lighting in particular!

Lots of brains, but he does not look smart
    Nice render, that smoke is rendered in Modo too?

Nice translucency ,Love the eyes . Great Work Sir !

thats quite amazing, love the composition! great render!

Member Follow User Gallery

I like it, looks like walnut

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Yes Bas the smoke is a volume render in Modo but because my scene was such a mess and full of long to render stuff I rendered it separately and composited it in with photo shop using the depth pass that I rendered in modo . The volumetric light was also rendered in Modo in the original image.

LVXIFER thanks for letting me know about your work you dedicated to me , I missed that some how when you posted it.

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 678910111218 ... LastLast