ZBrushCentral

Smooth Clay Brush

Hey everyone, I’ve been using this brush a lot lately and though I would share. I call it the smooth clay brush. I don’t know if something like this already exist, and if so please let me know… Anyhow feel free to test it out and let me know what you think. I find it very useful for building up muscle mass…

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3J4snEFD169WDFVTUM0U21RZVE&usp=sharing

Attachments

1 Like

Sorry if you tried to download it and it was not there! I had to fix it and adjust the sample radius on the brush. Working how it should now.

I know nobody’s commented yet and I’m not exactly a veteran around here, but it’s great to see people supplying tools to other users. I’ll be sure to download and try this at some point when I’m at my pc :slight_smile:

Hiya Fxmatter, looks great! Care to attach it to the post? Unfortunately can’t access Google drive from where I am.

thx!

Absolutely great brush! I played around with it last night, I had to lower the lazy radius it was too long for my taste, but still this is a really great organic style brush! I look forward to using immensely with my projects, thank you:)

I think you can get the same effect by simply turning down the Roll Distance on the clay tubes brush, just saying.

Essentialy, by turning it up you can achieve a similar result, but the alpha is custom made and reduce overlapping on strokes, more like a softer imbed.

Anyway thanks for the brush, it’s my second clay brush on my toggle macro now :slight_smile:

Hey everyone, glad to hear you like this brush as much as I do.

I’m not quite sure how to attach it to the post. When I upload the file by clicking the attach paper clip it says invalid file type.

Ah that’s unfortunate. Though I believe you can upload .zip files if you haven’t tried that yet.

~t

:smiley: I edited the main post and attached the zip file!

Sweet little brush. I did some basic sketching with it this AM and really liked the feel of it. Especially once I reduced the lazy radius (as others pointed out). Really useful for working out narrow flat planes. Thanks so much for sharing!

Awesome thx! It’s actually very nice, will definitely be a part of my quick brush set. Thanks for sharing!

~t

correct!

This brush is built off of the clay build up brush… In the Brush menu under Samples turn off Buildup and then turn on Fast Samples and OnSurface. Then simply adjust the focal shift and lazy mouse. To create the Alpha, go alpha>modifyer> set the RF and blur to the desired look. Once you made adjustments you can go to the Transfer tab and click Make Modified Alpha. This will reset the Modify tab so those options are still available to you.

love this brush, been using it for a month now all the time