ZBrushCentral

The Mountain Mauler

Don’t usually get to deal with muscles and monsters, but this project was fun :wink: Some images from the w.i.p. Final image will be a sci-fi meets fantasy kind of thing. The main character is this x-large mountain troll with somewhat overblown physique - I’ve had the poor Belgian Blue bulls in mind.

Attachments

pre-2.jpg

troll1.jpg

troll2.jpg

troll3.jpg

troll4.jpg

troll-face.jpg

troll-face.jpg
troll-face-2.jpg

hammer.jpg

The sheer volume of the body made things a little tricky when trying to pose the character. For the angle I had in mind for the final image, the head tended to be obscured by the arms, which made it necessary to make the pose less aggressive…

pose-1.jpg
pose-2.jpg
pose-3.jpg
pose-4.jpg

Sweet pose and detailling, looking forward to see him finished!

Thanks MattSkinny!

Some basic texturing:

4.jpg

Scientist prototype…

scientist.jpg

Vray-render. Scale comparison & scientist morphs… Rather rough and sloppy, but the scientists will be very small in the final output.

Hi, love the mountain troll and the pose. The render is sweet, too. Hope you’ll finish the piece, good luck!

So, here goes. Spent far too many hours on this already! Essentially this is my personal elaboration on a commissioned image. In detail and zoomed out. The interior is 3D modelled, characters and some of the tech-stuff in Zbrush, the rest in 3ds Max. Rendered with V-ray. The exterior was matte-painted.

Amazing piece! well done. :+1:

Thomas Feiner, is that you? If so, great album (The Opiates) and awesome job on that image. Good stuff! ^^

Thanks guys! Hugo - yes, many thanks :wink: Love your Nina render by the way. Somebody posted it in my FB feed the other day.

Epic and Top row stuff!!!

Very cool work!! :+1:
Cheers,
Selwy

Ho man is great !! where did you make the render ? congratulations

The Opiates is one of the most beautiful albums I am proud to own. Listening to it for over 10 years now and it still doesn’t get old. timeless grace.

Indeed a muscular monster comes unexpected from this source :wink:

great job Mr. Feiner!

nice work! great looking render and design!

Thank you sirs!

Lucas: Rendered in Vray.

Julian: Thank you for that. As to the bulging monster - I rather enjoyed the depravity of it all :wink: Always had a weakness for fantasy and science fiction anyway.

Ooh, en göteborgare! :wink:
Love the scene, great energy to it and awesome rendering!:+1:

Very cool .So much work.

Santis: Jomenlavisst! Var sitter du?

Monstermaker - thanks, don’t even want to count the hours, lost track.

The image is pretty hi-def. Posting a downscaled crop: