Senior Member Follow User Gallery

That is a great portrait of a favorite writer. You've really done him justice.

Mr Poe is lovely
    ......Nobody tries to be lah-di-dah or uppity--There's a cup-o'-tea for all.

Hey guys, here is something I did for my website but I will post it here before to see if someone finds it useful.

it is basically a quick step by step process of how I made the hair for my latest post: "Edgar".

Default WIP for Dreadlock Tutorial

hey guys! a quick post on something that I am working on for a very specific tutorial: "Dreadlock with fibermesh" its the early stages but I thought I share it to gather some comments and critics before I go any furthers. I am planning to make a few different styles but here is the idea:

cheers!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Just a few thoughts.

Really nice dreadlocks I was really amazed by the quality. It will be interesting to see how you achieved it.

Member Follow User Gallery

Default Great work!

Truly inspiring stuff! Thanks for the walk through, I'm definitely going to play with it!
    ***- !!Every day in art is a good day!! -***

Default Unfathomable

Something I did a few months ago, hope you guys like it! any comment or critique is very welcome!

all done with dynamesh, posed with zspheres rig, render passes with BPR and quite a bit of time in photoshop.

Great sculpt! You are someone one can look up to Anyways, I saw that you are making a tutorial on Dreadlocks!!! I have a project (character) that requires that and after Ive seen the quality of your work I was wondering if you could point me to the tutorial or if you are going to post here?

Lightbird

This is one beautiful piece. From Poe to this woman, you sure have versality.

Thanks a lot for the tutorial by the way

Default clay - sketches

Thank you guys for all the comments. I am still working on the dreadlocks tutorial I will post a render soon!

in the mean time, I've been working in a series of sculptures just for fun and to do something different. My idea is not to spend more than 1 hour per bust.

I have always wanted to render a material that resembles clay or plasticine so I found a thread in CGsociety from artist Jeff Patton and he kindly shares his process and a great tillable fingerprint texture that I use as bump map on my renders. I also felt inspired by another great artist and his zbrush central thread: chevon's sketchbook. His sculptures are very clean and simple yet very appealing and interesting, I specially liked the render and the way that they are presented so I based my final renders around this idea.

What I like about these speed sculpture sessions is that I can explore different styles very quickly whether it is a creature a caricature or a more realistic head.

Here is the first batch of sketches, hope you guys like it. critiques and comments are always very welcome:

The Sailor

The Waiter

The Janitor

The General

Nice work! Those are excellent for 1 hour busts - and all have a lot of character well supported by your angles and the various stylistic approaches. The sailor is my favorite - and I like the look of clay you got that you mentioned - I'll have to check that out.

Keep up the great work.
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.
    http://figmentpigment.com/

Love these latest pieces. Post a time lapse. Very nicely done

Thumbs up great work!

these are awesome. very inspiring.

I'm taking the janitor home with me and giving him the thumbs up.
    The Janitor is the one for me.

Were I being a little more Hi-brow I would say that design wise and tonal weighting, he's the strongest - the down strokes on the eyebrows rather than upstrokes is a wonderful touch.
    All great post but the janitor gets the big thumb.
    ......Nobody tries to be lah-di-dah or uppity--There's a cup-o'-tea for all.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234561227 ... LastLast