New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Sire/ Mermaid update

So finally got around to blocking in the tail of the Siren style character I've been sculpting the body for. Over the last two days I've retopoed and uved it, so now I'm sculpting the higher details of the human portion. The tail is based on a blue whale, thought I would go for something a bit different to the cliched idea people have of Mermaids and stuff. The transition between the upper and lower body will be the hardest bit I think. Below is just a few quick renders with some close ups of detail. I'm leaving the skin pores and very fine details till last, for now just getting in things like wrinkles and skin folds C&C would be really appreciated, as it's still a WIP and want to get it as spot on as possible

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Looks good although I think before adding fine details you may want to polish her features a bit more. The one thing that is bugging me is the bottom part of her face. Her lower jaw and a chin appears a bit massive. In a close-up render her lower lip at the mouth corner looks too prominent... it is hard to explain but usually the upper lip hangs over the bottom lip and protrudes more forward in this area due to the structure of orbicularis oris muscle. So, basically when it comes to mouth angle it is safe to say that the upper lip dominates over the bottom one. In your image situation looks opposite. Again, it is hard to explain, especially while not having a side-shot.
    Also her ear appears too flat. Antihelix is shifted too much down, leaving almost flat area between it and helix.
    BTW why you are not introducing at least simple facial hair yet? It helps a lot when judging about how much feminine your character is. I found that without brow-hair my models tends to look very surprised and odd.
    Hope this was helpful

Thanks for the feedback, the face was bugging me alot too, I've had another look at it, but the cheek from a couple of angles is a bit off, so I am going to play with the base mesh in Maya now that I have it back in there. Here's a quick update, I used a mixture of Zbrush, Mudbox and Photoshop to paint the the textures

Update, been working on the hair, eyes and skin more. I still think the face shape is off but I can't figure out what is making me think that, been pushing and pulling it in Zbrush to not avail :/
    I used fibremesh for the hair then exported the curves and used those with Nhair in maya, really powerful way to do it

Finally got a turnaround rendered. Need to finish off the tail next. The hair was made using fibremesh, and then I exported the curves and used them with nHair.

Siren WIP Turnaround from Michael Wilde on Vimeo.

So here's a WIP from a new character I'm working on, it's based on a concept by Wouter Gort (here's the concept).
    I find cloth really challenging (this is the 3rd version of this now) but very satisfying when you get a section that looks like it's working. Crit and comments much appreciated!

Update on the chracter I'm making, here is a WIP for the jeans he's wearing. It's still a bit rough, the folds need a bit of love as do the back pockets. Any crit would be really helpful

Default Few new bits!

Haven't posted on here in a while, got a few new bits Couple of speed sculpts, Tobias for Arrested Development and the Ikea Monkey (a personal hero), and the finished render of the robot I was creating. It was based on the concept of Wouter Gort (site here) whos work you should check out because it's awesome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vandal_FinalRender_500k.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	376.0 KB 
ID:	431091  

Member Follow User Gallery

I love that blue guy. Nice and simple.
    All you need is love.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12