New Member Follow User Gallery

Default MWilde's workthread

I've been using Zbrush for a few years now on and off and finally realised its full power last summer during an internship I had. Since then I've been using it fairly regularly so I thought I would post a few images on here of some work I've done. This first piece was a concept I found by Jeff Simpson, which started as a quick sketch but ended up being taken to Maya and being fully rendered.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beast_1080.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	447.6 KB 
ID:	358230   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Head_Zbrush_turnround_new.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	352.4 KB 
ID:	358233  

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thumbs up

Very cool but disturbing imagery. Look forward to seeing more work!

Cheers, David
    And so we came forth and once again beheld the stars.
    - William Styron, Darkness Visible

Looks like the sculpt stays pretty close to the concept, but I think you could spend a little more time on the eye. I know there isn't much going on there in the concept, but the rough poly paint reads as a little lifeless. I did a paint over to show you what I mean.

Thanks ioster, the eyes are pretty rough in the turnaround, but that's because they were a place holder in Zbrush as I knew I was going to paint them in Photoshop for the final render

Default The Ballad of Julio (Part 1)

A different style now, this work is all from our Graduation film at The University called The Ballad of Julio, check it out below, along with the characters and environment I made! I'm part of a 5 person group that the film for our third year of university at The University of Hertfordshire. It's about a Mexican busker and his night which gets flipped upside down when he gets handed a magical can. MORE INFO HERE

Here is a turnaround of the main character in Zbrush. We had many revised versions of him (like most things with this project), and this was the first time I made a character with Zbrush in mind from the outset. This project relied on Zbrush very heavily and I learnt a crazy amounts about quite how powerful the program is
    A few close ups of different bits
    The final un-textured version rendered in Maya, with a stand in for the facial hair before we had got the Maya hair and PFX working

And the final thing! With hair and textures.

Check below for the final movie,
    THE BALLAD OF JULIO

That was a awesome video!! great job

Something I've started sculpting recently

Managed to get my pug model retopoed using a mixture of the Zremesher for the body and Topogun for the face and feet topology, I found the workflow really easy to use and it gave me a good starting point that could refine with Topogun.

Default Update

A mix of different projects now,
    Here's a render of the finished pug with all his fur and extras, pretty pleased with the results
    There's a full turnaround here on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/76363893
    And here is a speed sculpt I did last night, based on a concept I drew a while ago. Limited myself to 45 minutes on this. Learnt a few new things about zpheres and subtools along the way too which is always good
    I'm taking an anatomy course by Scott Eaton at the moment too, so am trying to cement what I am learning in Zbrush in my spare time. This was a quick study of the chest and back, there are a few things wrong with it but compared to my anatomy knowledge from the start of the course it's come on leaps and bounds.

The Pug turned out very well.

Thanks very much, yer I think it was a good end result

Been on Scott Eaton's anatomy course for the last 7 weeks, knew nothing before and decided to finally take what I've learnt to Zbrush. This is my second attempt at an anatomy study, went much better than the first but still loads that needs work.

huuuuuge improvement to the last one!!
    keep up the good work
    artstation page ---> https://www.artstation.com/artist/fynngb
    my deviantart page ---> http://grimnor.deviantart.com/
    my youtube channel ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/FynnGB

Thanks very much, it's felt a lot more confident when sculpting this time around, and learnt a thing or two. There are some areas like the forearms that aren't right but I can address those in the next one I do.

I put together a quick time-lapse of the sculpting process

https://vimeo.com/81111295

Anatomy Study Timelapse - Male Sitting Chest, Arms and Upper Legs from Michael Wilde on Vimeo.

Another study I did last night, picked a really difficult pose I found of a dancer to try push myself, quite pleased with the result.

Female torso and face WIP, still block it all in. First time doing some female anatomy, finding it quite difficult but it's slowly getting there
    Some feedback on what's looking right and wrong would be greatly appreciated (the face is particularly doing my head in). The hair is just a quick block in for now as I think I will do it in Maya for the final image.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast