Senior Member Follow User Gallery

A pleasure.
    ......Nobody tries to be lah-di-dah or uppity--There's a cup-o'-tea for all.

Nice! It is very cool that you set things up in Keyshot to produce results that have your style. Most renders one finds from the ZBrush to Keyshot workflow tend to look generic. But not in your case! ^-^

And thank you very much for sharing your notes @boozy , on the new Sculptris Pro mode, can't wait to put that to use, haha, I've gotta wait a bit for traffic to settle before I download the upgrade though.

thanks alot dear mark for your notes about new additions and cheers

Nice work as always, Boozy! You've clearly enjoyed the delights of the Snakehook brush in Sculptris Pro mode.

Thanks for the tips as well. I'm still exploring the truckload of new functions in ZBrush 2018.

One of the first things I do after installing ZBrush is restoring my custom settings. In the light of that I've made a little blog post with some Preferences tips.

Have a great Easter weekend everyone!

Monsieur Sept
    visualization • illustration • 3D design — metinseven.nl

Member Follow User Gallery

Thank you for the tips Mark! x
    The 'high' in high art refers to it's being highly up it's own arse.

Thanks folks :-)

Attached some quick notes on the SnakeHook Cactus Brush as well as a Move Elastic Brush adjusted for working with low Rez quad meshes from ZRemesher (not for Sculptris Pro triangular meshes) .

Move Elastic_LowRez.ZBP.zip

Whilst this brush is good for shape design adjustments it’s particularly good for adjusting mouth shapes with good loops e.g if you have created a suggested mouth bag to drive the zremesher process with regard achieving circular loops around the mouth. From a side profile it will help you grab the nasal septum and the philtrum to help with the correct curvature and projection of the top lip. From the front it will help with smile/frown shapes as well as pinching the mouth closed. For more fulsome lips the mouth can be further closed or enhanced by dabbing the inflate brush with a low focal shift -64 from a front view.

SnakeHook Cactus Notes

The Polypaint color blending I thought was cool :-)

As a by the way.....
    Whilst always fond of the Spherical Brush I found that it's highly versatile when used in Sculptris Pro Mode - give it a whirl and see what you think?!!.

Yours etc,
    Boozy.

Dear boozie,
    I took the freedom to relink to your lovely tips in the "Sculptris Pro - tips, tricks and warnings" thread I opened.
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...14#post1230314

I am a Sculptris freak from the very beginning, but you are right, you never should stuck with one tool as zBrush offers so so much more
    Anyway, It would be lovely if some more people would contribute their experiences and tricks with Sculptris Pro there.

Oh - I missed so many lovely pictures!
    What a pleasure to watch!

Thank you Knacki for posting such a great resource of information, insights and tips when using Sculptris Pro. Much appreciated indeed

As I haven't had the time to do anything with ZBrush for nearly a year, I must 1/ get back into it, 2/ discover 4.8 and 3/ discover 2018. Never used Sculptris before...

Item 1/ will be rather fast as it all comes back much easier than I assumed it would, 2 and 3 will take some more weeks to get a basic grasp. But meanwhile I gather all information I can on the new features. And what I see that has been done with Sculptris Pro is supercalifragilisticpixoalidocious. But I postpone the temptation.
    Thanks, Freemaster Boozie for sharing this.
    And it is a pleasure to finally meet someone else who has discovered the Spherical brush. I like that one a lot and like to use it with the depth and gravity settings.
    The Pen brushes can also be used for sculpting when ZAdd is on and rgb etc are off. I guess wet ink must be crazy with SculptrisPro.

Thanks again, and also for sharing that brush. I will certainly try it out today!

New Member Follow User Gallery

This is cool! thanks. Snake hook roots? have you or do you know anyone for this?

Thumbs up

Great tips, Mark, many thanks for sharing, much appreciated.

I'll stop calling you Boozy by the way. Up to now I thought you might want to remain incognito, but I saw some others use your name too.

Default As ye inflate so shall ye grow

I’ve fiddled with Sculptris Pro mode for 3 evenings and only tonight realised that the inflate brush in Sculptris Pro mode will actually grow continually according to the surface normals with repeating circular strokes. I recorded it in a picture to remind me. Also testing out switching between secondary and primary colours when painting in sculptress pro mode by holding the alt key.

Erick, when you get back to Zbrushing you’re gonna love it I’m sure.
    Becoming fluid with the new features always takes some time it’s true.
    If you haven’t yet entered the room of coloured cones you’re in for most esoteric yet strangely satisfying experience .

Ej , thank you. For snake hook roots I visit an understanding doctor.

Metin , I remain incognito only in my own house.

Yours etc,
    Boozy

Nice work Mark! It's noticeable that you've switched to Sculptris Pro, as the shape of your sculptures feels more spontaneous, more like real-life sculptures.

Thanks for the Inflate brush tip. The new behaviour is really useful, and like I've always wanted it to be. Some of 3D-Coat's brushes behave like that as well.

Kind regards from the rainy Lowlands,

M7

Hey Mr Metin , rainy and then some here too. I recommend staying in pyjamas all day
    I’ve been focussing mainly on Sculptris Pro t’is true as I am curious to build a little muscle memory with regard how it responds similarly yet in many ways wholly differently to quad sculpting.

Having tinkered some I think I need to create a whole new interface to make the most of it all .

Yours etc,
    Boozy

Talking

Ah, yes, the never-ending quest for the ultimate custom ZBrush UI! I must have altered my custom UI a gazillion times already.