Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Anatomypunk

Hello :)

This is my first post but I've been visiting Zbrushcentral for a few years now. I am amazed by all the artwork that is being showed here everyday. Always brightens my day watching the "recent-panel" :)

My name is Alexander Kafoussias, living in Stockholm, Sweden. I have a background in Industrial design (BFA) and the 3-year sculpture program at The Florence Academy of Art.
    The Ecorché project below started parallel to the sculpture assignments in school during my first year of study. Almost every sunday during my time in Italy was spent building and refining the Ecorché (I also did a 1/2-lifesize ecorche in plasteline parallel to this. Every new school assignment gave me new useful knowledge that I could apply to the digital ecorché.

The anatomy studies in Florence would never been possible without my friend (and teacher) Eran Webber.

The structure of the Ecorché was done completely in Zbrush, no other software was used. The renders are simple preview renders with an outline.
    By the way, whoever invented Dynamesh and Decimation Master deserves a big hug! Probably gave me another year of living :) The people at Pixologic has been very helpful with support and silly questions, they are really one of a kind.

Thanks for reading!

Alexander

Administrator Follow User Gallery

Hey Alexander

Great work. Looking forward to the next piece you complete in ZBrush. Was this all started with DynaMesh?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by gabo1991 View Post
    Hey Alexander

Great work. Looking forward to the next piece you complete in ZBrush. Was this all started with DynaMesh?

Paul
    Thanks Paul!

Well when I started the project there was no Dynamesh, so I had all this super clumsy geometry everywhere. Eventually it got too heavy and I started doing manual retopology (z-sphere method). Which is amazing but not very good for many parts with holes in them. So when Dynemesh came around I Dynameshed the whole thing so I could have a consistent polycount on all the parts (easier for the eye aswell). Must say, with dynamesh and decimation master available, there are no limits :)

More pics coming :)

Default More Skeleton and muscles!

more coming

Default more :)

More skeleton and muscle!

Default more :)

Last one with Ecorche

Default Figure design and construction

Here is a project which is closely related to the Ecorché above. I designed the figures inside out with the help of the ecorché, to make sure that the structure works. Since the ecorché has a very light geometry and organized polygroups, it becomes very easy to jump between skeletal structure and outer layer skin when designing the figure. In a way it is very similar to how we constructed life size figures in clay at Florence Academy.

The purpose of creating figures like these is to design something that looks visually interesting (the silhouette of the figure becomes very important, rather than internal information) . They are later brought into other projects where they are turned into characters. So see them as neutral actors :)

Default Playground

Here is a project where I took the "actors" previously posted and turned them into characters in a scene. Again, lots of geometry is reused (arms, feet, toes - cut/paste/dynamesh!)

Last one, promise !

This work is stunning. And so important for everyone to see. Just masterful.
    Can't wait to see more!

crazy work!
    I think the legs are a little bit too short on all of them... (maybe it was intended)
    Cheers,
    Selwy

fantastic work. i bookmarked your site.. gonna keep an eye on this for sure.

-r
    rasmus warming
    rasmusw.dk

Thumbs up

Awesome! Great job congrats!

one of the most awesome work I have seen for a while
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/carson.yuen

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast