ZBrushCentral

"Tamarutaca creature"

Hello guys! After more time away, back to the beginning of a creature based on animal called “Mantis Shrimp”, also called “Tamarutaca”.
Finalized adjustments with ZSpheres and the next step will begin the sculpt.

Comments and suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Attachments

mantis_making_04.jpg

The Mantis Shrimp is a fascinating terrible creature…curious to see you progression. I want to tell you that i’ve missed your past works and i was looking at them now, the “The body in the passage of time” is fantastic, congratulations and keep on posting.

Wow, you got a lot of feel to it already in this stage. Love seeing ambitious Zsphere rigs, not to common these days :+1:

LVXIFER - What did it was motivated me to make this creature! It is a really amazing animal! I am very happy to know that reminded of my past work! I’m already working on the next illustration. Thank you for the encouragement! ;)P. S.: I love Italy, my dream is to live there!

Santis - I love ZSpheres and am working with them as much as possible before starting to sculpt. And it really is a relatively complex creature! I hope to get a good end result. Thanks for the comment! :+1:

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this. just the zspheres version looks cool.

monstermaker - Hello great master Rick Baker!! It is a great honor for me to receive your comments on my work! I’m happy to have enjoyed the ZSpheres! Thank you, Sir!! :slight_smile:

Finalized step with ZSpheres and am posting the results of mesh obtained with “Adaptive Skin” (I’m using the new algorithm for “Adaptive Skin”, not the “Classic Skinnig”). The mesh is very clean, great to start working on next steps…

I also started a small update, using the new feature of ZBrush 4R5, “Panel Loops” to easily create “layers of the abdomen.” Soon more updates … Thank you!

Thats a hella of a zsphere to start with :smiley:

great zsphere work !!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Freewaldo - ZSpheres are very easy to use, and maintains a very good mesh for sculpting later, keeping everything light in the lower levels of subdivision. :wink:

Gary Komar - Thanks man!!!

Small upadate:

Looking good. I didn’t realize there was a new algorithm for adaptive skins. Looks like it gives better topology. Looking forward to updates.

monstermaker - Thank you! I’m very happy for your feedback!
The new algorithm of the"Adaptive Skin" comes by default from the “ZBrush 3.5” with the addition of the “ZSpheres II.”
In ZBrush documentation, there is a pdf called “ZBrush4.0_whats_new” where on page 133 talks about the “ZSpheres II” and the new algorithm of the “Adaptive Skin”. I also think that the topology is so much better!

I am sharing the material that I created and am using in this creature. (put a backlight to enhance the effect sss)
https://mega.co.nz/#!bQRCFbYT!aU7ebWK0ekVbAmv8xVJkV0_uCIlgrgH5eToel4e-7-MUpdate: Finalizing the legs …

eww this is awesome!

Wonderful ZSphere work. The final creature should be great and thanks for sharing the mat.

Looking good! :+1:
Looking forward to more, and thanks for the mat :slight_smile:

Wow! Cool creature! I reckon it’s gonna take quite a while to pose it afterwards with all those legs and things. Cant wait to see what you do!

austinbath - Thank you very much!

Blaine91555 - Glad you enjoyed the Stage of ZSpehres! I hope that the final version be good. Thanks you!!

Santis - Glad for the comment! Thank you! :wink:

TOKOLOSH - Thank you! It really is quite difficult to put it into a pose after!! I think I have future problems! hehehe :smiley:

Update: Concluding the “maxillipeds” …

This is looking yummy! Can’t wait to see the finished version, and coming updates :wink:

Z

Ackidott - Thank you! Glad to hear you’re enjoying it! Sorry for being slow to update, I’ve been busy with other work. :wink:

Little update: Pleopods and Raptorial Appendage.

Thank you! :+1:

Very cool work. Ominous and beautiful at the same time … Bravo! :smiley:

Cheer, David

looking forward to your progress
cool shader
or is that a bpr render?