ZBrushCentral

Samba's sketchbook

Hi everyone !

I have followed the Kris Costa Character creation course on Zbrushworkshops.com for 10 weeks now.
Thought it was a good occasion to start a sketchbook.
Here is my version of Paranthropus Robustus, a long gone australopithecus species.
Sculpt, hair and textures from Zbrush, rendered with maya mental ray.

Attachments

paran_new_comp.JPG

close_up_heads.JPG

close_up_hands.JPG

what do you mean “You people” ?

:stuck_out_tongue:

well looks good. like the mother-creature !!! :wink:

thanks !
some details of the sculpt in Zbrush:

paranthropus.JPG

day_03_paranthopus_muscles.jpg

for that one, I used Zbrush mostly for sculpting and detailing the bricks and the small details (columns, roofing elements, etc …)
rendered with mental ray for maya

Soussoko_london_street.JPG

I especially love the London street! Great work! :smiley:

Cheers, David

This street is full of life
congratulations, nice and great job

Thanks Chalkman and PFC666 !

You can find a little breakdown of the work here :

http://www.daba.fr/samba/en/index.php/post/Varmin-Way

and here is the house on the left in Zbrush:

london_street_zbrush.JPG

nice work !!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Here is “Mousso” an animated documentary project about women in Mali. Due to the recent political instability in that region of Africa the project had to be postponed but in the meantime I had some time to do renders and animation tests. Those characters are sculpted and textured in Zbrush, rendered with maya software and mental ray, and composited in After effects.
soussoko_mousso_red.JPG

little animation test here :

http://www.daba.fr/samba/en/index.php/post/Mousso

soussoko_mousso_nana.JPGsoussoko_mousso_green.JPG

Here is a character I sculpted for a first attempt at 3d print.
Had to rework the headlegs which proved too thin and too fragile for the final piece

whole_bod.jpg

beetle_head.JPG

An here is the printed model :

3d_print.JPG

Hi there,

Just a quick comment really - I don’t know if you planned it but I think the way the pipes come out in the houses makes them look like hands reaching out and grabbing the buildings - it’s a really interesting little detail.

Do you think that the course has been a really help and worth the cost - I only ask as my character modelling needs some work :wink:

Thanks

James

Hi James,

Actually yes the pipes shape is intended. Not sure if it too subtle or not enough ;).
As for the Kris Costa Course, I would definitely recommend it but you have to be aware it’s a lot of work and you have to put many many hours in it.
I still have a lot to learn but it really pushed me forward.

Cheers,

Samba

(As I am regrouping my Zbrush works under this thread some may have already seen this.)

This is a 15 minutes short film intended for science museums.
There are in the film three sequences of paleontological reconstruction for which I had to animate dozens of creatures. I was working on a very low budget and then had only two days for modeling, texturing and rigging each creature.
Even though photo-realism was not intended a little bit of believability was required and without Zbrush’s sculpting and polypainting features the task would have proven impossible.
A teaser of the film here:

http://www.daba.fr/samba/en/index.ph…de-l-evolution

soussoko_evol.JPG