Default New User-Paint Mode Without "Smearing" Texture

Hi everyone. I can model pretty good with this and paint concrete and stucco like textures but I can't seem to figure out how to paint a patterned texture.

What I mean is if I wanted to paint a checker pattern or other repeating pattern on a model, Instead of the checkers repeating they just kind of "smear" on top of each other and become just a giant blur. Is there a button I need to hold or something to get the pattern not to repeat until the texture has done a complete cycle or something?

Thanks and I apologize if this has been asked before. i tried searching but could not figure out what t type to get a result.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default re

There's plenty that can be done using Paint mode in Sculptris. For what your talking about, turn off "AIRBRUSH" and adjust the "Brush Spacing" in the Options menu. For things like Zippers .. use an alpha and add "LazyMouse" and "Directional" so it will follow the mouse .... also you can use "Combine Color and Bump" in the Options menu for bump details like Skin, Wood, Etc.