Member Follow User Gallery

Default Sculptris Updates

I have been away from sculptris for a bit and am now trying to get back into it. I am currently using Alpha 6--is there a newer version---if not, are there plans to upgrade the current Sculptris?

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default re

No, there's no updates, and it's very likely that there never will be. Dr. Petters last post here was in 2010 - the Playing with Polygons post, and it seems he's moved on. But if you have Sculptris as one of your many tools, along with Wings3D, Blender, Paint.NET and maybe a Game Engine like 3DRad .... Sculptris is very nice to have ....

Quote Originally Posted by justadeletedguy View Post
    No, there's no updates, and it's very likely that there never will be. Dr. Petters last post here was in 2010 - the Playing with Polygons post, and it seems he's moved on. But if you have Sculptris as one of your many tools, along with Wings3D, Blender, Paint.NET and maybe a Game Engine like 3DRad .... Sculptris is very nice to have ....
    Yes there is a lot of stuff out there that I have; I strated on sculpt paint and wings 3d --now I like to generally model in blender and AC3D--for sculpting zbrush or mudbox--I have both but I love the elegance and simplicity of sculptris for quick work--not to mention that its mentally relaxing to use--too bad--its a stellar program and I was hoping that pixologic would develop it into a true companion to zbrush. Anywhoo, love it anyway. Thanks for the quick response!

update, hope springs eternal for me; i decided to ask the great pixological horse's mouth myself and, as I anticipated, got no response---lack of response speaks as loud as words.

Again, too bad---this does not need to be a zbrush (it could be something visionary--to test the waters for new add ons for zbrush for example) and is a great gateway to zbrush but if pixologic is not supporting it then its just probably best to go with either mudbox or zbrush according to your preferences.

Just, you are so right.