New Member Follow User Gallery

Right click images - Save Image As... - Navigate to inspiration folder - Click save -

**User has died from too much awesome**

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by loked View Post
    If anyone is interested in more info on the rigs, fire away and I'll do my best to answer. I know this is not a rig forum, but seeings though its come up, I figured I'd throw that out there

The real reason I'm posting here, is I just wanna say that what was so amazing about working on the characters on this project for me was not only how talented and skilled Michael is, but how f@!#ng awesome he is to work with. Its very rare that you find someone who is humble, passionate and incredibly talented. This is the kind of thing that obviously cant come through by looking at someone's work, so I thought I'd make a point of mentioning it.

-Judd
    Hi,

I saw this video about the rigging - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=myZcUvU8YWc

I wonder if and how you are importing the pose space deformers (reminded me of michael comet´s pose space deformer tools, which I once used in a project) and its blendshapes into your engine, or if they are for cinematics only?

@dryn: thanks for you explanations regarding the alpha planes!

cheers michael

UAU!! This work is really good, amazing details.

@Teyon - the weight maps work for both translation and rotation. If anything on the face, translation is more important to us than rotation. For a character like Joel, his whole face is joints, no morph targets. His beard posed problems with using morphs, so we just stuck with all joints, but on Ellie (and a couple other characters) we had a bunch of morphs. In terms of poly counts, I dont think that's a secret, but Michael is the better person to answer that.

@Michael - We don't really have true Pose Space Deformation in the way its being done in film (where you add all these shapes and it interpolates between them smoothly). We were essentially driving the blend-shapes via set driven keys. The engine supports blend-shapes, so they were getting exported to the engine. That talk I gave actually shows it off in better detail. We had some in-game (not all) and then all of them for cinematics. The blendshapes gave us really nice control, but you do need a solid toolset that allows you to iterate on your character meshes non-destructively.

Thanks!
    Judd

Thanks! I figured weight maps on translations would be important, it's something I've requested so hopefully my guys will put it in the next version. Having finished the game, I love it and the multiplayer is pretty fun when you have a team that works as a team. Just saw on You Tube that a few folks put up the story elements and that all told, you've got more than a full length movie in the game. You guys are AWESOME. lol. Keep up the great work and thanks again!

Member Follow User Gallery

Incredible! Words fail me....!!!!

Default Thank you very much Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for answer my questions, i can't believe that you paint the poly hair at hand, I thought you had some "automatic process", it's very, very inspiring. The B&W directly from the ps3? Woooowww.....
    Thank you thank you very much, and have a good day, and so many projects to come.
    Matiass

so much awesome in one single place. Just beautiful work.

Why are the squares blocky like that? Then when rendered..it looks amazing? What are ALPHA PLANES anyways?

Mike, you are a monster! Great work man. You and the team nailed it.
    Bryan Wynia
    Lead Character Artist at Tripwire Interactive

Default Amazing!

I haven't had the privilege to play the game yet. But this stuff is truly amazing. Being a student this is some inspirational work! Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Dryn View Post

We didn't use any scan data, just all hand made stuff with a few photo sourced alphas. We tried scanning Joel's Daughter sarah, but it didn't fit in with the other characters and give us the look we wanted, so we went with the hand made one.
    Thanks for replying! That's awesome, would you mind sharing the workflow for photo alphas transfer to the model?

Quote Originally Posted by loked View Post
    @Michael - We don't really have true Pose Space Deformation in the way its being done in film (where you add all these shapes and it interpolates between them smoothly). We were essentially driving the blend-shapes via set driven keys. The engine supports blend-shapes, so they were getting exported to the engine. That talk I gave actually shows it off in better detail. We had some in-game (not all) and then all of them for cinematics. The blendshapes gave us really nice control, but you do need a solid toolset that allows you to iterate on your character meshes non-destructively.

Thanks!
    Judd
    I would love to know more about your blendshape to realtime workflow as well as your solid toolset - any chance to get more information about this topic?

thanks a lot,

m

Thumbs up !!!

Pure awesomness man!! i'm buyin' the game!!

Quote Originally Posted by sam10bw View Post
    I would love for there to be an art of book. Just let me know when and you can have my money.
    For those of you looking for an "Art of " book I found this. Awesome game by the way .
    http://www.amazon.com/books/dp/161655164X

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 ... LastLast