ZBrushCentral

Project Silverskye (Adventure Game WIP)

Hey guys, in this thread I will be showcasing my Artwork for an indie game project me and a friend are working on, Project Silverskye (prototype name).

What is Project Silverskye?
Project Silversky is an Action Adventure Platforming game, mixing elements and taking inspiration from games such as Dark Souls, Zelda, Mario and the original Tomb Raider.

The game is set in a world where tiny elves reside, so tiny they are able to live and create societies in trees. Navigating the outside world is often troublesome and presents a challenge to the elves (and player). Some unfortunate elves are eaten alive by birds and spiders when venturing too far from home. Legend has told that there is a Book. A book that grants tremendous power, that can be used for the good of the world, or bring great chaos.

You play as Pepey Silverskye, Pepey is lazy and always gets in trouble, he is an orphan living with a guardian whom is a working class tailor in the village. Pepey wants to grow up to follow in his guardians line of work, but little does he know he is about to embark on an adventure that will not only change him, but will also determine the fate of the world.

Artwork.
So, onto the art - let me start off by saying that I am still a beginner - these are some of my first 3D Models, I have done some in the past but I have never spent this much time on them. This is actually my first time making models that have more than a head. lol!

I am using Zbrush to sculpt high poly models, then retopologising and exporting to Maya where I will be rigging and animating. I’ll then be importing the models into UDK where we are making the game.

So far I have fully rigged the main character and his weapons, this may not be final art though and I have started to make an enemy Goblin. Check them out below.

Some Concept Art:

Pepey Silverskye High Poly Mesh:

Goblin Enemy High Poly Mesh:

Low Poly Character Rig in Maya and basic pose with Weapons:

I find myself getting better the more I work and I’m only now starting to be happy with my models, as you can probably see I think I’ve got a lot better since I think my Goblin is technically better than the main character, which means I may have to go back, haha. Anyway, I’ll be updating this thread as I continue to pump out more artwork - there will be a lot more to come! :slight_smile:

I’m a hardcore gamer, I’ve always wanted to make games but I spend too much time actually playing them lol, recently I got fed up and decided I’m going to literally spend every waking moment I have towards creating the game I’ve always wanted to make, it is my passion and I’m determined to make this happen!

To anyone who took time to read this thread or even if you just looked at the pictures, Thank You so much, all feedback and constructive criticism will be highly appreciated so please feel free to comment below.

Thanks again and GL with your projects! (Some amazing art around here!) :thumbsup:

Derity.

Attachments

concepts.jpg

goiblinZbrushRender.jpg

mainRigRender.jpg

mainZbrushRender.jpg

Been working on the armour for the Goblin, and have come up with this so far:

Now I need to add some details then I can go onto texturing. Might give him some ankle bracelets or something too.

Critiques welcome! :slight_smile:

Nice work. and i like the project. keep it up and i hope to see more from this :+1:

Thank you very much for the motivating feedback! :smiley:

:+1:

Been working on detailing the armours and added a few meshes like spikes on the wrist, anklets and shoulders :slight_smile:

armourHighBack.jpg

armourHighFront.jpg

armourHighClose.jpg

Think I’ll just do some final touch up on the details, the belts are still not finished, anyway - then move onto texturing! :smiley:

Actually still gotta make his Weapons… @_@