ZBrushCentral

Sketchbook: Miss Modeler

Wanted to start my own sketchbook thread in hopes of sharing my work with all of you and possibly making new friends! :smiley:
I specialize in monsters, so the majority of what you guys will see from me is creature sketches and models. The first guy I want to show was inspired by HP Lovecraft. I wanted to sketch some of my very own Innsmouth citizens and thought this guy would make a great model!

Attachments

Innsmouth Final.jpg

Innsmouth Final2.jpg

Well it has been a long while since I’ve updated this, but I definitely plan to be a lot more active on the industry forums. Have been working on a zombie portrait sculpt on and off for a couple of days now and thought some progress shots would be nice to show. I’m having a lot of fun with him so far. Using symmetry to block in his major forms and then going into detail and creating a nice asymmetrical appearance to him in terms of wounds and whatnot.
Right now I’m working on getting all of his teeth put in, give or take a few missing ones, and shaping out his gums. Afterwards I plan on refining the shape of his mouth, putting in more details with wounds, and then onto fine details like pores and wrinkles. He also needs a neck. :stuck_out_tongue:

zombie2 2.jpg

That jaw seems way too long IMHO, here I’ve made an overlay with a skull with roughly similar mouth opening (not a great reference but I have it on my computer) just to give an indication.

zombie2overlay.jpg

@Janvier: Very nice catch, thank you! Going to get that fixed when I go to add in the ears.

Finally found some free time to put some more work into this guy. Added some more teeth, his ears, and fixed the jaw proportions mentioned before. Also starting to experiment with how I want his eyes to look.
zombie update 2.png

Started his coloring. Trying not to make him look muddy, going to try to get some more highlights put into the coloring to avoid doing so.
zp2.png

Here he is! Took him into Photoshop and did the finishing touches.
twitzombie.png

Just wanted to post a quick update about the current model I’m working on. I promise the next creature I do will not be a zombie haha. This is a severed zombie hand I sculpted. Currently cleaning up a few areas of the details and then I’m going to start giving it some color.
zombhand2.png