Senior Member Follow User Gallery

It was modelled with symmetry enabled initially... then I added asymmetry to make the model look natural... so I guess I will have to manually retopologise this particular model...
    But you can still mirror your low poly so that it becomes symmetrical (under the deformation tab). Like willbrown1 one said.

Quote Originally Posted by JL-Art View Post
    But you can still mirror your low poly so that it becomes symmetrical (under the deformation tab). Like willbrown1 one said.
    Yup... I figured it out Easier than I thought

the update is actually AMAZING. I could not believe how well the new ZRemesher tool works... It's like magic Thank you Pixologic team!

Member Follow User Gallery

Default Similar issue

The issue I have noticed may have been mentioned here already and if so I apologise, I have created a low poly mesh posed it or created it from zspheres when I get to the finer detail and try to use the zremesher it resets my pose to a symmetrical stance rather than the asymmetrical one wanted. Is there a setting to prevent this or do I need to manually recreate the topology?

The GoZ patch totally resolved my issues I was having with OSX Maya. Thanks. Can't thank you enough. Finished a rush job ten times faster with it today.
    Alonzo Von Threet
    Zbrusher OSX

Question Trim brushes and symmetry?

Maybe I'm missing something or not looking in the right places, but it seems that trim brushes do not work symmetrically?
    I know I can mirror half of the model, but is that the way to use these tools?
    thanks
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    Nate Owens
    Paintings / illustration / Art & 3D Product Presentations / NEWSLETTER

This is such an amazing development. It does such an amazing job on creating clean sensible topology... if not quite useful topology. Has anyone found a good way to avoid getting the never ending spiral edge loops? I tried making a very deliberate guide curve around the cylindrical part of this mesh but even with the strength set at 100, get the spiraling edgeloop.

Anders

New Member Follow User Gallery

This all looks like pure magic. Just trying to figure out what ZBrush is about and whether I should invest in it for hobby use, and I must say Zbrush itself, the community and Pixologic's licence policies seem very inviting

Default ZBrush was sent by aliens...

I continue to think ZBrush was transmitted by some alien culture. First it appears to be a noise then it was discovered to be a code, it's all very clear to me. it's obvious when you sculpt it almost naturally turns into things that are out of this world.

Default Love 4r6, but...

I love the new features of 4r6, but I have had more technical issues in the past week than ever before within Zbrush. Reverting back to 4r5 till maybe another patch, release or version....

Quote Originally Posted by Berenart View Post
    I love the new features of 4r6, but I have had more technical issues in the past week than ever before within Zbrush. Reverting back to 4r5 till maybe another patch, release or version....

There is a patch for windows:
    Look at your version number at the top of your window, it should say "4R6 P2" if not you need to upgrade, if you have the patch already or are on a mac go here:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...ch-instruction
    Its the trouble shooting thread for 4R6.
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

I got sidetracked.....

Thank you guys, this is a WONDERFUL UPGRADE!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!
    Mealea
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MealeaYing View Post
    There is a patch for windows:
    Look at your version number at the top of your window, it should say "4R6 P2" if not you need to upgrade, if you have the patch already or are on a mac go here:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...ch-instruction
    Its the trouble shooting thread for 4R6.
    I did a fresh install with the already patched version. I've posted some in the troubleshoot and submitted a ticket. I'm sure there will be some solution somewhere.

Thank you,

Berenart

hey mrwhiskey ! sculpting some tiny crease on the mesh should force Zbrush to draw edgeloops following them. same method to avoid spirals on arms and legs. you can do that onto a copy of your mesh so that you try it out if it works.

Hey all,

Is there anyone here that would be willing to test out ZRemesher on one of our laser scanned vehicle models? As far as i can tell there isn't a demo version yet and I'm really curious to find out how well it retopologizes. From what i've seen scouring the internet....all the meshes have been closed. Ours are generally not closed...usually single sided with holes and really ugly triangulation!!!

.....would greatly appreciate anyone interested in helping!

Thanks!

Dwayne Ellis | Digital Effects and Animation

http://www.dwayne-ellis.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/a3dlife

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 LastLast