ZBrushCentral

James Whatling Sketchbook

Hi Everyone,

Doing some Zbrush practice - comment and crits welcome.

Just a simple rock to get things going - dynamesh and Orbs brushes.

Attachments

ZBrushRock.jpg

Some Simple stone floor tiles

ZBrushFloorTiles.jpg

make more! It’s the only way to get better. The rocks feel a little mushy give them sharp edges. the floor tile, the right of the last tile - that detail is working well!

Thanks for the advise - yes the first rock doesn’t look good, just a practice - I’m a long time Max user really working on getting my ZB skills up - I don’t like the shape of silhouette really. I do plan to do loads more practising, one piece every day even if it’s something small. For the floor tiles I’m looking at how I can use the multi mesh and making a good tile set to bake and get into game.

Thanks again

James

Hi everyone,

Just been practising and working on a little piece, I love the IMM brush so many cool uses, so I’ve been working on a rope bridge I’ll add it to the thread once it’s finished but in the mean time some more rock work, these are edge pieces that I may use or redo for the finished idea

Thanks for reading

James

ZBrushBridge.jpg

ZBrushTornCloth.jpg

Following the great tutorial from gmp1993 here

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?177722-Torn-Cloth-Tutorial

Quick render of the results

Wondering now how best this could be baked out for game assets - any ideas post comment :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a quick noodle doodle of a snail - nothing to good about it, but a funny WIP inspired by the Digital Tutors intro to ZB 4

Snail.jpg

Hi been busy practising and practising

Following Joseph Drust tutorial here

Here is the WIP so far picked up so many cool little tips on the way

MolleWIP1.jpg