ZBrushCentral

Book Character Design

Have been writing a novel for a while and decided I wanted to visualize the characters so started creating them In Zbrush, This is the Main character Dorian. Still has lots of work to do, Would love some feedback

Attachments

Charater_01.jpg

Charater_02.jpg

Charater_03.jpg

ZBrush Document.jpg

Just a quick reder with a few filters on what I have done so far. Boots are not mine and shall be replacing them, just a “fill in” at the moment
ZBrush Document.jpg

Well a prime example on not saving various versions of work, have just made a new object and saved it over the latest version of the character sculpt, last version was way back when he had backpack and hoodie before i added mask, beanie, bow holster, air tank. so have to start all that from scratch again, Yay for me hahaha, well a lesson lernt I guess

Just Re-doing his backpack, decided to change the look of what i had originaly had, Like how its turing out so far.
BackPack_01.jpgBackPack_02.jpg

Starting on the Strapping/Webbing for the back.
BAckPack_Strapping.jpgBAckPack_Strapping-02.jpg

Very cool character… Great attention to detail!!

Thanks So Much.

Just some more progress on the backpack/Webbing, Quiver and more detail added, have noticed a few things I need to fix also.
BackPack_Progress_01.jpgBackPack_Progress_02.jpgBackPack_Progress_03.jpg

Backpack_Jacket_01.jpgBackpack_Jacket_02.jpg

Still Lots to do but slowly getting there

I think a lot of your detail sculpting is pretty solid. But the underlying form on the many pieces and also the anatomy on say, the face, need a lot of work. Your folds also feel very shallow and just on the surface instead of having actual depth. The backpack is very rigid and, though you have all the micro details, the overall shape feels boxy and detracts from it appearing natural. I’m not sure what your process is but it seems like instead of getting more form in at lower subdivisions, you went high quickly and just detailed too early. You can prob just drop your subdivisions to 3 or 4 and add in the proper deformation and anatomy. Again, your sculpting is good so if you focus on the underlying form a bit more, this will prob become a great piece. good luck!

Thanks so much for the input, I will take that on board and try to apply It. thanks again

So in an attempt to take your advice I hope I understood what you ment i have gone back and started with the Jacked, going to a lower subdiv and sculpting in form, So far this is the result, am i on the right track of what you meant. The original version is on the bottom the new version ontop

New Version Render, with a bit of a scuffed look
Jacket.jpg

New Version of Jacket

newjacket.jpg

Old Version of Jacket

oldjacket.jpg

Jacket_texture.jpg