Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks a lot for all of your kind words! I am really happy you like the game and the characters.

Muddpitt: could you specify the question? For most of the images I did rendering with 3ds max mental ray and It's really simple setup with two lights. Same thing with shaders, basic metal and cloth with rim light.

As for Triss Playboy renders it's skin metal ray shader with a lot of tweaking.

SammehSAMURAI: We did some small tweaks with lowpoly ,but her face sculpt should be the same. I remember we had few iterations of her face texture and that meabe the case of her looking slightly different.

JoseConseco askign if we did details (like fabric or metal scratches) on hi-poly models or did we baked them form textures?. The answer is, we didn't sculpt them, and there are several reasons for that. The first thing to remember is that we started working on The Witcher2 really long time ago I believe it was 2008 back than so this amount of details was really problematic. And, we also knew what we need a lot of freedom in terms of improving and changing our pipeline if we needed that. So we decided to keep our models clean and easy to modify in the future.
    We did baked most of the details from textures just becaus you can keep it as separate layer in photoshop, and turning it of is simple as opening your psd file.

Don't get me wrong that was back than, now Zbrush gives so us so much more control over what we would like to do and how we can do it. And, just because of that working on The Witcher3 is so much more exiting!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I love it all! Thanks for sharing these. Really great work.
    "Better smeg, than dead..."

Awesome job,one of my Favorite games
    --------------------------------------

Mohammad Modarres

Website

Blog

old ZBcentral sketchbook

New Sketchbook

Good work, but i was wondering, what is this crossover with Playboy and the witcher ? am i missing something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Freewaldo View Post
    Good work, but i was wondering, what is this crossover with Playboy and the witcher ? am i missing something ?

They are just trying to attract a wider clientel in any ways possible, this way by posting in Playboy. Wonder if it worked

EDIT: On second thought, it seems to be the right clientel judging from the content on youtube. full nudity and sex scenes etc...

Freewaldo: we had a pleasure to collaborate with Polish Playboy magazine to create Triss Merigold photo session with 3D renders. For us it was really great, challenging experience, after all those monsters and dark characters it was really nice to creating something unique and beautiful.

The_Dag_Node: please remember that The Witcher2, is dark fantasy RPG for mature audience with hard moral choices and different shades of gray as well as human sexuality. It is just prat of the world we would like to invite the Player.

Overall I really hope you like them!

Quote Originally Posted by arek_mat View Post
    The_Dag_Node: please remember that The Witcher2, is dark fantasy RPG for mature audience with hard moral choices and different shades of gray as well as human sexuality. It is just prat of the world we would like to invite the Player.
    And that is exactly what I love so much about The Witcher.
    It's made for adults, not for 12 year old boys like 99% of all other games.

And by "for adults" I'm not really talking about the nudity or the violence. But more about the difficult choices, the complex characters, not just black or white, no person is just "good" or "evil".
    Can't wait for part 3
    Cinema4D Studio R13, ZBrush 4, Maya 8.5 EDU, Adobe CS5
    Win 7 Pro 64, Intel i7 940 2,93GHz, 6 GB RAM, ATI 4870
    , Wacom Intuos4 M

superb characters

Great body of work. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by arek_mat View Post
    Freewaldo: we had a pleasure to collaborate with Polish Playboy magazine to create Triss Merigold photo session with 3D renders. For us it was really great, challenging experience, after all those monsters and dark characters it was really nice to creating something unique and beautiful.

Overall I really hope you like them!

Thanks for the explanation, funny way to be introduced to this game in that fashion, this got me interested for more. Will surely wait and grab a copy out the store when the game is out ...

Congrats

New Member Follow User Gallery

So awesome!
    Design, eat, sleep and repeat

New Member Follow User Gallery

hey areq, insane job, dude!

as they say: "Devil is in the details"!

How long did you take to finish one highpoly model and just modelling?

I'm impressed with the figurine, so many elements. The Troll, for example, you thought in scale of protection and get some objetcs that fit and had a good looking of a natural amor.

I'm curious about The Witcher 3 !

Cool
    Excellent work.
    Digital Mapping & Graphics

Marcos C: Thanks a lot! I really appreciated that. To answer you question it takes 13-20 days for main character but it depends on difficulty and iterations of the character (simply sometimes something it's not right with it and you need extra time to make it "cool")

For production purposes we have several stages of the character: mid-hipoly(takes 5-10 days), lowpoly-mapping (1-2days), texturing (5-6 days), exporting and making LOD's and setting up in the engine (2 days).

For instance Cynthia (lady in black hood) took 13 days in total.

We are all exited about The Witcher3 I personally learned so much during the Witcher 2 and translating to next game with so much more possibilities it's just really intimidating.

Once again thank you so much for all your comments!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast