New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Modern workflow

I've been off into the composing world for a number of years. The ZRemesher in r6 looks mind blowing.

Given all of the changes what constitutes the 'core' elements of a modern zbrush workflow?

I know everyone has their own approach, but I imagine ZRemesher is getting a lot of use, as might dynamesh, the uv, Spotlight, tools...

I've been thinking about digging into ZBrush and learning it with my mom. I'd love to cut to the meat of how I can manipulate and decorate solid forms (less of a character interest)

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

The workflows inside of Zbrush could be observed through watching youtube clips and reading interviews here on ZBC, think that will give you a good idea of what people prefer

New Member Follow User Gallery

I'm looking for search terms that might help me, find videos and posts.

What I mean to ask is, what workflows have been partially or fully out modded by newer approaches?

I know ZRemesher and Dynamesh can now handle tasks that used to be handled with 4.0's ZSphere based topology tools. It seems like spotlight has changed the workflow of dropping a plan with an image texture into the 2.5 space to paint it on a model.

It seems more direct to ask for a short list of a core approaches, but I would also be interested in hearing about what specific approaches have been made less useful in general applications.

I'm just looking for specific terms that I can use as leads in finding videos demonstrating those approaches.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by caseyjames View Post
    I'm looking for search terms that might help me, find videos and posts.

What I mean to ask is, what workflows have been partially or fully out modded by newer approaches?

I know ZRemesher and Dynamesh can now handle tasks that used to be handled with 4.0's ZSphere based topology tools. It seems like spotlight has changed the workflow of dropping a plan with an image texture into the 2.5 space to paint it on a model.

It seems more direct to ask for a short list of a core approaches, but I would also be interested in hearing about what specific approaches have been made less useful in general applications.

I'm just looking for specific terms that I can use as leads in finding videos demonstrating those approaches.
    Sometimes one hammer works better than another, can you use a hammer?
    There could be several ways to get your model on the canvas, what you intend to do with it may influence how you'll make it.