Default Oro SF III Fan Art

I decided to enter yet another contest. This contest, however, is for fighting games and there was no way I could pass up this opportunity. The character I chose to model is Oro.
    I started working on him last night. Blocking in some of the shapes and stuff. But my overall goal was to solidify the silhouette of the character. Oro has sort of a stubby build and I want to make sure I capture that in my work for this contest.

Here's the contact sheet I used to start on Oro.

And here is where I am with the sculpt so far.

My first goal with this character is to really concentrate on anatomy. Getting the forms to read correctly while adhering to stylization of the Street Fighter Universe, for the most part that is .

My second goal is to create a nice sculpture of the character using the concept of Oro moving stones as a reference. I'm so use to creating stagnant T-poses for my characters. I want to get out of that comfort zone and actually sculpt a piece of art this time around.

I'd love to hear feedback if anyone has any. I'll try and post every iteration of my journey as I go through it. Small updates may not make it on here if they are insignificant. But for the most, I'll try and post everything.

More progress on Oro.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oro_072913.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	326.9 KB 
ID:	368859  

New Member Follow User Gallery

I think he should have a more exaggerated sneer to match the drawn version. As in the mouth/lips almost reaching the nose.
    Otherwise nice going so far.

geez...I should visit here more often. Thanks for the crit Clayloop. This is what I ended up submitting for the contest.