Default Obscure Batman Villains Sketchbook

I thought it'd be fun to go through the Batman canon for the lesser-known villains (at least to me!) and see what could be done with them, ZBrush-wise. I'm still working on this one, but I thought I'd go in alphabetical order and start with the Architect. Still have to do some sculpting and texturing, etc., but he's almost there. I think I'll move on to Blight next. He seems creepy.

New Member Follow User Gallery

This is an awesome idea. I'll be keenly watching for updates. V.nice start too
    Never Shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river...

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Nice! I'm also looking forward to what other characters you come up with.
    "Whoever controls the media, the images, controls the culture." - Allen Ginsberg

Thanks guys - I'm hoping to turn this into an ongoing thing , as there's no shortage of villains!

Well, I think I'm done with the Architect. Nothing fancy on the texturing, though I also rendered him out with some Comic Ink matcaps that I think look pretty cool, and I'll post some of those too. For now, though, here's a couple final images of the Architect and his Evil T-Square.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LookingDownFinal.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	443.3 KB 
ID:	369027  

New Member Follow User Gallery

Niiice renders Would definitely like to see the other renders/matcaps etc applied too. Keep them coming!
    Never Shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river...

Hello again!

Here are some of the same basic renders, except in these I used variations of the comic ink matcaps posted by Mathieu Bernier here: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...k-for-download. These are great for trying out different styles - I've barely scratched the surface with them, but they're excellent.

Thanks!

Brad

Cool Idea! Love the renders. A lot!

Default Blight!

Moving on to the B's, here is Blight. Not a whole lot to do with him really in terms of trying to spice him up, as he's basically just a glowing skull in a sport coat. I don't really love this guy (especially the skull - really a big chunk of yuck there), but I kind of rushed this one as I'm trying to cram it in between doing an actual paying job, which at some point I suppose I need to finish. But I'm moving on to the C's now, and that means The Condiment King is next! For research I'm planning on making a sandwich.

Here's a straightforward render, along with a couple more explorations using stylized matcaps like the ones made by Mathieu Bernier and Ralf Stumpf. Hope you like 'em!

Brad

Default Condiment King WIP

Moving on to the C's, here's a rough WIP of the Condiment King. Of all the "C" villain options, how could anyone resist choosing the Condiment King? He has a GUN that shoots SOY SAUCE, for crying out loud. Diners beware!

Default The Condiment King

Here's the final version. I had to cut it a little short, but the general form is done. He's supposed to be a kind of joke villain, so I tried to make him a combination of dorky and creepy. And let's face it, it's hard to look anything else when you have salt and pepper shakers growing out of your temples. I really seem to have trouble with lighting in ZBrush. One of the many things to work on. Hope you like it anyway.

Default Obscure Batman Villain #4: The Dollmaker

Moving on to the D's we have The Dollmaker, who based on what I've read is kind of a cross between Geppetto and Leatherface. Kind of a creepy entry in the canon, though you have to admire the fact that he can pull off the orange hair look. I'd never have the nerve to do that. Of course, I rarely play with dolls either. And my eyes don't glow. I think we're just two very different people.

Man those are awesome. Keep'em coming. Really really like both the architect and the dollmaker...

Love the crispness of your #7 renders. Sharp clean and very comic-book like while still adding something extra to the mix. I'll be following your thread.

Default The Electrocutioner

Not a lot of options in the "E" category, but the Electrocutioner at least has a clever name! This guy took a while because I didn't quite know what to do with him. The few pictures I found largely depicted just a guy in a red and black unitard, which didn't send me running to the sketch pad. But he did have electricity coming out of his hands, so I added a little bit of the whole electrode-under-the-skin kind-of-like-Frankenstein-but-not-really idea. Still, kind of simplistic. But the next guy (moving on to the F's!) seems more promising.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast