Member Follow User Gallery

Default The Simulacrum

Well, i Finally found my way over to Zbrush Central, I held off for a while, I had Zero artistic ability four months ago, but a desire and a need to pursue this particularly colorful avenue was acquired, and since acquiring it it has been like a drug, every minute i get I'm "doodling".

So I will post some of my work, maybe get some inspiration and help along the way.I still have long journey ahead of me, there are some truly incredible artists out there, but every step is a challenge and fun.

Ryan Kingslien has been an inspiration with his tuts and books and so have all the other people who have contributed I thank you all for the time and effort...

The Piece below was inspired by my future wife - don't tell her I said that - She is from Denmark so I decided to illustrate a Valkyrie from Norse mythology, the wings were from BADKINGS mega monster brush pack, well parts of the wings...I am still trying to find a consistent work flow, I used zsphere retopo alot for the armor - it was the first time I have used the method and to be honest its damn good, as long as the base concept is there....

Hope you like it and please leave your comments or critiques for me to ponder over !!

Default Triclopian Horror

This was a Dynameshed sculpt, the original idea was for it to be a cyclops, but after adding the third eye i decided to keep them all and the Triclopian horror was born!!

Finished in Photoshop.

Default Breaking free

I started a new thread with the breaking free image, but I meant to add it to this one, I have only just noticed!!!!

Default Bro`s - Finished composition

Well, I am going to enter this for the Badking Monster challenge, it was really fun to do, and used loads of the BK`s monster brush pack, rendered in Zbrush and finished off in photoshop...

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Love this last one .... really funny! Who knew Dracula had a sense of humor.

Cheers, David
    And so we came forth and once again beheld the stars.
    - William Styron, Darkness Visible

Quote Originally Posted by chalkman View Post
    Love this last one .... really funny! Who knew Dracula had a sense of humor.

Cheers, David

Hey David, thanks alot for the comment, I had loads of fun doing this, I had the Dude in the middle posed, and as i was swinging the "camera" around, there was a shot and it just looked like he was taking a photo of himself, I was trying to sculpt Christopher lee, like he was unimpressed getting his picture taken by a fan, but sculpting real people is something I need to work on, so many small details that make up someones face....It ended up as this comp,

Glad you liked it.....

Peace

Default Cheeky Imp

Thought I would share some of my earlier works!

Default Forest Troll

Default The Aristocrat - Finished until Further Notice!

Started as a doodle, he looked posh and snobbish, so I dropped a Hat on him and a monocle!!!

Default Death of the behemoth

An illustration inspired by Frank Frazetta, been using his epic illustrations for my anatomy studies, Entered into the Badking monster competion http://www.badking.com.au/site/badki...ush-challenge/

This one was a tough one for me, Still a complete noob at this , but i persevered with it, the polygon count was huge, computer was chugging along, thought it was going to implode and create some kind of netherworld portal at one point, but it coped and I finally finished it. If you like it please vote me up on the bad kings site.

Default Killer Klown From Outer Space - 3d Fan Art Challenge

Well I have finally finished my Fan art for the Movie Killer Klowns From Outer Space. Enjoy!

Default The Overseer

A dynameshed head!!

Default The Chamber

My goal is to be a good illustrator, Emotionally moving art is in my opinion the core of what it is to be an artist, I have bad bad skills when it comes to a pencil and paper, but with Zbrush , I dunno, I seem to be able to get the ideas from my head on to the screen. I generally have no idea from the start of a sculpt what it is going to be , it evolves and my brain or another part of me tells me what it should be , or what it "Could" be. Zbrush allows me to create that Impulsive, inspirational scene. Im talking like this is awesome, Its not , but I did have a breakthrough, not only understading Zbrush Lighting, but also that A scene/illustration can be done with the right tools...

Default Cyclopic Shamen

Another Dynamesh head - addicted to these!

Default Commander Hubert Spiffington

Dynameshed head - tried a multi shadow render composition in photoshop - subtle but it turned out ok i think!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast