Default Anatomy and render study

This is a new thread for a project I'm going to do while I have the time. I get randomly busy with freelance stuff.

To start, I should say that my old zbrushcentral username was SLOWPID. I changed it to YSALEX because that's the username I use everywhere else online. My last piece was this piece, called SHADOWS, which I posted here.

I'm going to do an anatomy and render study of sorts. Here is where I am at:

This is the bathroom without any people etc, plainly lit. I put it together yesterday and today in zbrush and Maya, and rendered with Vray. In time, I will add clutter and change things around, and try to make it as realistic as possible. To that end, I'm getting rid of those bathtub legs, and will go for something that meshes better with the room.

These were some of my original ideas for poses:

But this one is the one I've decided to pursue:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gfdsgfdgfd.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	368968  

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Very nice indeed. Still live that first image.

Btw I'm sure the mods could have changed your ID

It's looking like a great start!

yay welcome back great stuff as always!

Thanks guys. This is a render I do to check the subsurface levels etc, make sure it's looking correct and I'm getting it in the correct areas. This needs some tweaking to the subsurface map, getting a bit too much in areas like the chest and neck. I do typically 25% gray, then my subsurface map, and a more glossy than normal specular that is just flat.

This one I did a bit different, this time I desaturated my diffuse and color, which is why she has different shades in her lips, cheeks, etc.

I think I prefer this method, since SSS is calculated by the diffuse ratio + Color, and the shades in both matter to the SSS, and this shows that better. To add or remove SSS in an area, say the neck, now I just have to go into my subsurface map and darken or lighten that area.

Great Great Renders... I love every single render on this forum. Ill be watching this thread.
    Thank you for sharing

New Member Follow User Gallery

awesome work ! waiting for more information...did you model eyelashes with lines or solved with opacity map ?

Eyelashes were geometry I sculpted and duplicated in zbrush.

Here's the update:

I forgot I was going to add this. This is my basemesh that I made for this project. I paint my textures on this one, since it's in standard position and I can use symmetry if I want it, but the posed mesh has the same UV's so I can use the maps.

Trying to get it to work under multiple lighting solutions. Right now it has too much SSS I believe.

nice work! The only critique I have is that her knees look a little weird idk maybe its the angle you took the render but i could be wrong

Well done mate, i like this one for sure.

scratching away at the base model and the shader. Only had a couple hours waiting to hear about something.

Looking great! Knees are looking much better.

Terrific job. Congratulations.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast