ZBrushCentral

Hardsurface Drones! (Tutorial page 2)

Here is a test I did in hardsurface, it’s an SES(State Emergency Service) In Field Assistance Drone concept bust! All made in zbrush and rendered in keyshot!

Attachments

ifad001.jpg

ifad002.jpg

I’d say the test was successful! :slight_smile:

Man, I have no idea how people achieve such awesome hard surface stuff in zbrush…

That looks really nice. Modelling is superb, and Keyshot is doing a bang up job of making it look real.

@nagulov @Gordon Robb
Thanks so much guys I really appreciate the kind words! Hard surface in zbrush is really really fun, I’m thinking about making a walk through on the next one I make to show off the process

Yes please :slight_smile:

I really like this. It has a great design, and looks like something that could be real and useable.

I’d love to learn how you made this! Cheers!

Awesome work on the drone!!

@beta_channel
@cdizzle
@sleepfight

Once again thanks guys for the kind words!
I’ll be making a short tutorial on how to achieve these hard surface results in zbrush and posting it in this thread when I’m done
thanks again everyone!

I love this! I feel like I could tear apart a couple of chainsaw housings, throw in some hydraulics and make this thing in real life. :+1:

I look forward to learning some new skills from your tutorial. Thanks.

great stuff, looking forward to seeing how you put it together :slight_smile:

Very nice! I love that you have kept a very pristine look on the textures. Looks like something you could buy from a catalogue (a drone catalogue :-))

really nice mech sculpt. keyshot is a great renderer. need to try it out!

Very cool work, love all the detail and design work that has gone into it!!

Here are the renders for the SES-ugv (State Emergency Service Unmanned Ground Vehicle) I did a rush job and made this in a total of a day and a half for the tutorial.

Thanks guys!

Hey there everyone!
I’d like to start by saying thank you to everyone for the kind words and encouragement. Unfortunately with the droid bust I saved I didn’t record my process as I went (face palming myself so hard right now). I’d like to say that I use zbrush as a purely conceptual tool, I’m in no way a 3D artist but I have huge amounts of respect for those who are and I aspire to further my skills in that discipline one day soon!

This tutorial/ walk through will be on how to achieve hard surface results in zbrush! I’ll be going through on a SES-ugv (State Emergency Service Unmanned Ground Vehicle) I made for this tutorial, and is in relation to the droid I also posted in this thread. Unfortunately the concept isn’t completed to a level I’m comfortable with but this is my whole hardsurface process, I didn’t get to add as much detail as I wanted in. I decided to rush and get this guide out to you all as soon as possible!

I’ll be using Zbrush 4r5 but I’m sure all of this would work in any release after 4r5.

The brushes used in this are all zbrush started except for IMM Nuts and Bolts +IMM Military wires by Badking – they are really awesome brushes be sure to check them out!

If anyone has any further questions feel free to contact me on here or my facebook.
Thank you all again.

Tom