ZBrushCentral

NOOB! Tryin my hand at industrial design here...

So I have been following Zbrush for years. Well I have finally jumped in. I am a transportation design student in Detroit and I think that Zbrush has the potential to be a great industrial design. So I plan on being here a lot leaning on you people to help me climb this hill. :slight_smile:

So I am on my 3rd sculpt, still trying to learn all that I need to learn. Wondering how to keep these strange artifacts from happening. Like I said very new to Zbrush.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

Anyone? I am just not sure what I am doing wrong hereā€¦ Might this be a case where I can use dynamesh to help fix the topologyā€¦ I just donā€™t know enough yet to know what I donā€™t know. :wink:

Dynamesh will probably help you fix it. Get the clean tool file from the forums to get rid of all the junk in your tools palette. Also get this>>http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?161588-quot-Axis-quot-Plugin-for-ZBrush-4r2 . When you selected the sphere did you go into the Initialize panel and change the values to approximately what you thought was needed for the base mesh? Image two looks like a ā€˜pole areaā€™ in your inset.

OOH I like that plug in, I work in Alias an pop from view to view all the time to dial in the lines and form.

I have ā€œplayedā€ with initialize a bit, still trying to get a feel for what works bestā€¦ I still have SOOO much to learn.

I have seen carstylus create a sphere that didnā€™t seem to have that vertex bunching at the axis, how do you create a sphere with a better topology for create vehicles like I am trying to do?

I greatly appreciate the help!!!

Not sure why that isnā€™t a standard part of the UI yetā€¦Because you donā€™t have NURBS to work with, :wink: Dynamesh might be the route to take. There are options for the resolution, start with a low value to block in the form. Increase that when you canā€™t add more detail. Takes time and effort for results.

Thanks a ton man, iā€™ll keep pokeā€™in and postā€™in.