New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Noob Sketchbook

Hi Folks-

I've been lurking on ZBC for a while now, but this is my first post. I'm a graphic designer in Kansas City, and I have been attempting to learn zbrush for use with a couple projects. This is my first attempt at a sculpt--started out as a generic male bust just for fun/practice, but it inevitably turned into a Batman sculpt with some light polypainting. I didnt mess around much with render or light settings, so it is a pretty basic BPR... one step at a time I guess. The cowl has some weird spots and the face proportions are close, but not perfect by any means.

I had a blast though, and glad to finally get my feet wet!

I have a lot to learn, and this process has given me a lot of respect for what you all can do. Crits are always welcome.

Take care,

New Member Follow User Gallery

Here is my second attempt at a ZB model. This was for a local BBQ outfit, Yardhogs BBQ. A little weird, but they were pretty specific about what they wanted--a pig-like hog with tusks, blond hair, cigar, a spiked collar, and a "R" medallion representing their family name ... and that's pretty much what they got.

I'm pretty happy with how it came out, though there is always room for improvement. I knew the final logo was going to have a woodcut look to it, so I didn't spend a lot of time detailing the actual sculpt. I just did what I thought I would need to achieve the desired end result.

I was messing around with BBQ utensils and a paper plate too, but they really weren't needed in the end. Fun to try to figure out how to make that kind of stuff though. First try at a custom alpha too, for the collar medallion. I'm learning, I'm learning ...

-S